PDA

View Full Version : Who is BEST restorer of JT Hawks on the West Coast??? URGENT NEED.

sals54
11-25-2013, 06:28 PM
I have a good friend who owns a shop which is doing a TOP DRAWER resto on a R3 Clone. Its a beautiful red R3 4 speed GT Hawk. Most everything on the car is done, but it needs a few minor parts and needs to be assembled. Paint is done, mechanicals are all rebuilt, engine is in the car with supercharger installed. Front clip needs to be put on, rear fenders need install, interior needs install.
This car is a magnificent work of art, but my friend has found himself ailing from a sudden, catastrophic illness which has had him in the hospital for weeks. He is likely going to have to sell his shop and is looking for leads on who to send some of these cars to for completion.
His specialty has been 50s Cadillac Eldorados and 50s Buick Skylarks. He does some of the best work I've ever seen in my life. I'll get a picture of the car in the next few days.
BTW, he also has a sketch of a 53 Studebaker Custom that he always wanted to build for himself. I'll get a shot of that also.
Please send some prayers up for him as well. I think he could use all the help he can get. The doctors are baffled as to what brought this on.

StudeRich
11-25-2013, 06:36 PM
I can tell you off Forum where NOT to send it in the So. Cal area, but not sure anymore who is GOOD, and close to Northern Calif. except if the Thoms Bros. at Studebakers West would want a basket case "project". :confused:

Studerick64
11-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Johna & I send our prayers out. We have been to his shop & seen his work! Awesome! The GT Hawk amazing & the Buicks are Beautiful! All are Eye Candy! I would suggest they contact Tom Pagano in Rancho Cordova at Pagano Street Rods 916-704-2929. He has a 1953 Studebaker Coupe of his own. This might help the family.

candbstudebakers
11-26-2013, 12:31 AM
Sal. you might want to give Tom Van Steyn of Full Circle Restorations in Lockeford, Cal. 209-727-3322 they are a first class shop and do every thing I think, also is a Studebaker person.

sals54
11-26-2013, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the heads up, guys. I will forward the info to David. I'm hoping to get an update on Ron tomorrow.

(S)
11-26-2013, 01:30 AM
You can add @hotmail.com to hotwheels63r2 and find the best in the West. I do have a 3 month backlog. Ferrari, Stude, a few Chevys, fine motorcars is all we do...

(S)

AKAchamptrucking
11-26-2013, 05:05 AM
Hope your friend gets better.