Water Pump pulley needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump pulley needed

I need a single groove water pump pulley. It needs to be between 6 1/4" to 6 5/8 in diameter. The backspcing (distance from back side to flange mount surface) 1 7/8 to 2". Maybe a A/c one or other. Thanks, Tex

Check your other post regarding this. You need #534735 I think. I don't have earlier parts manuals, so can't check earlier applications.

Comment

The 534735 pulley has back spacing of 2 1/2", same as the stock 7 3/8" fan pulley. You will need to use a 1/2" spacer behind the pulley to achieve the desired 2" back spacing.

Comment

I have a fan pulley with a stamped part no. 3995646AH - no idea what it is off, maybe Valiant or AMC. It is a stamped steel dual belt pulley with a diameter of 5.75" and back spacing of 2.5". If the rear belt run is trimmed off on a lathe, then you have a back spacing of 2". That however puts you into an "overdrive" situation. Discovered I had it while checking pulleys.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. Found a GM pulley that is right diameter, bolt pattern and setback. All I need to do is machine out center hole.

Comment

Working...
          X