50 LC desired for 5/10/14 wedding in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 LC desired for 5/10/14 wedding in Chicago

I am interested in renting a 1950 Studebaker Land Cruiser for my wedding next year (May 10, 2014) near downtown Chicago. I am not sure where to look, so I thought I would start here... I found your email address on your clubs website, I hope you don't mind. My grandfather is walking me down the aisle and he has very fond memories of learning how to drive in this car, so I thought it would be fun to surprise him with this car for our ride over to the ceremony. Can you point me in the right direction or are there any members of your club that ever rent out their vehicles for special occasions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Perhaps contact your local chapter of the SDC and inquire.

You could also place an ad in Turning Wheels, the monthly magazine of the Studebaker drivers Club.

You may want to note, in many states a vehicle registered as classic or antique cannot legally be used for commerce; in some, even general registration would still require a livery license. I doubt there would be any issue if someone offered the use of their vehicle and they received in turn a "Thank You" card. If you catch my drift!
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I hope you get a response. The first Studebaker I fell in love with was an abused '50 Land Cruiser for sale in a small town just south of where I grew up. I still wonder whatever happened to that car.

What do you say, folks. Anybody able to help FrankL out?
      ~Matt Connor
      '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

THE studebaker National Museum in South Bend In. has a 1950 Land Cruiser that they rent with a driver.

Comment

Hello,

I believe congratulations are in order (if not to pre-mature). I just recently purchased a 1951 Land Cruiser that I am restoring. Sadly, it will not be ready by then....but then again you asked for a 1950! Similar but not. Anyway, I hope you have some luck finding what you need.
          1947 Studebaker M-5
          1946 Studebaker M-5
          1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
          1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
          1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

BUMP! I am hoping someone in the area can help these people out with their need before the Wedding, come-on somebody must have one.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well...mine is a '51, and it is a looooong way from Chi-town!

Click image for larger version

Name:	father's day jpg.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	1684775

And...this one is only about 35 miles from me and would be even better,

Click image for larger version

Name:	51 limo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	1684776

Surely, someone closer to you has one. Don't give up too soon. You do have a little time. Good luck finding a car...and most of all...HAVE A GREAT WEDDING!
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Thank you to all who responded to date. None in our local chapter. I will have to check the museum.

Comment

Working...
                X