? about wagon rear mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about wagon rear mats

Looking at some pictures of an all original '64 wagon and noticed it has a rubber mat like my buddy's '64.

Rob's mat is the same shape - neither of them actually fit the floor area toward the back - look like it was a design for the earlier Larks. Was this an example of "why waist money" when you have a couple thousand left over mats from earlier production?

There were a few special options for the rear compartments of Wagonaires. The cargo mat is AC-2983. The rear deck cushions are AC-????. The Sta-Bar Kit is AC-3489. The tail gate step is AC- 3427. The cargo cover is AC- 3454.
    My 1963 Daytona Wagonaire had the Sta-Bar kit and the tail gate step.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

So the low number for the cargo mat would indicate it was an earlier accessory.

I think my buddy Rob has the cargo cover for his '64 wagon but I remember him saying he has never seen the Sta-Bar kit - and this from a person who has a couple of the Studebaker accessory air mattresses still in their original cardboard tubes...

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
        So the low number for the cargo mat would indicate it was an earlier accessory.

I think my buddy Rob has the cargo cover for his '64 wagon but I remember him saying he has never seen the Sta-Bar kit - and this from a person who has a couple of the Studebaker accessory air mattresses still in their original cardboard tubes...
        My 1963 Daytona Wagonaire was originally ordered with many accessories, including the Sta-Bar kit.
        The original owner, that I bought the Wagonaire from, wanted to trade his 1955 Speedster in on an Avanti (traded a 1953 Commander Starliner in on the Speedster). With their growing family, his wife crushed the Avanti idea, so he ordered a very well equipped Wagonaire.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          With their growing family, his wife crushed the Avanti idea, so he ordered a very well equipped Wagonaire.
          I sure hope he checked off R2, powershift, disc brakes, TT, tractions bars, etc... My Dad and Uncle test drove a '63 sliding roof wagon with an R2 and four speed - but $1200 was too much money for a used car in 1965...

Comment

Yes, I believe it is a perfect fit for '54 to '62 2 and 4 Door Wagons, and of course it was designed for '59 Larks.
            I put one in our "Family" '57 Parkview Wagon, now StudeDave57's.

AS you can see, it also works fine in '63 to '66 Wagons and Wagonaires.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Back in the 1990's when I had my Wagonaires, I had both the Sta-bar kit and the cargo cover. I never used either of them and both were NOS. I do not remember the Lark logo or words on my 64/65 rubber cargo mat. It had the "S" just like the floor mats re-produced today. Both very handy accessories in the day, tho.

Mark

Comment

...do I hear that these rear rubber mats are reproduced...? Mr. McCall ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
                  I do not remember the Lark logo or words on my 64/65 rubber cargo mat. It had the "S" just like the floor mats re-produced today. Both very handy accessories in the day, tho.

Mark
                  Did it not fit the rear of the cargo area like that in the picture?

Comment

Working...
                  X