Wing trim for 57 golden hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing trim for 57 golden hawk

Time to send the Golden Hawk to the body shop. I havent found the trim that covers the transition between the wings and the trunk. I need to decide whether to leave that part just painted and hope I find the trim later, or have the body shop come up with a solution. Any ideas or connections to someone that has or makes those trim pieces? Thanx

Protekto Trim part # 37-530. Classic Enterprises in Wisconsin makes repro steel mldgs and the 't-bolts ' that hold them on. But,they are straight and need to be bent and curved to fit. I haven't heard of anyone being successful in getting them to fit.
    The method is to weld the fin on,smooth it down with some bondo.and apply the 37-530 over the seam BEFORE painting. Scuff the plastic chrome with scotch brite to prepare them for primer and paint. I had to use this method on my '61,when a fin got damaged. So I have the original steel on one side,and plastic on the other. It is impossible to see the difference-and I'd do this again if I did another Hawk.
    One note though,before you weld the fin on,make sure your end cap and other mouldings fit first.[A trial alignment before welding]
    Protekto also makes this mldg in black,but the chrome is easier to make paint stick to.
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
    X