X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Eye Candy 11-16-13

happy Saturday http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?...953_Studebaker
    Attached Files

Very unique vehicle. In reading the link I was shocked that it got "cut up." The El Camino rear section took lots of work and imagination.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Wow, must be some story behind that eye candy.

Comment

well...somehow I get the impression that this batch of candy is still a work in progress...outcome yet to be determined......anticipating further development
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I see a sign that says Star Custom Shop. Looks like it was for a car show. I suspect that one was built a long time ago.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I wonder if "Star Custom Shop" had anything to do with Daryl Starbird (sp?). I think he was from around that area a long time ago (in the 50's).
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

The Stude is surely much narrower than the '59 Chevy ElCamino that donated the bed area. The taillights must have been kissing each other when the bed was narrowed to fit!
              ~Matt Connor
              '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

I'm not sure if that's the same car or not, but that looks like Ken Evan's vehicle!
                1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
                X