Danbury Mint 37 Dictator Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danbury Mint 37 Dictator Coupe

Just wondering if any Forum members have or know how much these Danbury Mint 37 coupe's are worth to buy. There is one on ebay at the minute that I am bidding on but it just keeps going up, I was just inquiring what they might be worth before I go to high. If it keeps going at this rate I might as well buy a real one!
    Thanks,
    Brian
    Brian Greenall
    Melbourne, OZ
    sigpic

Buy the real thing, then it can share a container with the cruisers.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Don't worry John I have that covered, just waiting for Canberra to give the OK, should be this coming week. You might have them for Christmas.
      Brian Greenall
      Melbourne, OZ
      sigpic

Comment

That'll be nice, liked the white cruiser, but a six, and manual and nowhere to keep.

Good news, I look forward to your shipping bill or is that payable upon arrival here ie Melbourne?
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I bought a Danbury Mint '37 Coupe Express pickup a couple of months ago....for $20
          (no box, and the bumper was broken off)

What were the coupe's new? Around $225???
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            I bought a Danbury Mint '37 Coupe Express pickup a couple of months ago....for $20

I have several Danbury Mint Studebaker die cast cars. Nearly all were around $120 to $140 new.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't bought on new, so my $ was a swag...

Originally posted by jclary View Post
              I have several Danbury Mint Studebaker die cast cars. Nearly all were around $120 to $140 new.
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Funny thing about how I sometimes value things...I have bought some of the Studebaker offerings from Danbury when they were first offered without hesitation. I proudly display them and have no regrets about spending the money.

However...true to my "CASO" spirit...I have refused to pay $40 bucks, for the same cars, at yard sales and flea markets because I think I might find a "better deal" later.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post

Jeff, I think by the end of the day it will be over three hundred dollars. Its not a matter of being a CASO, I just didn't know what they are worth or availability. Just like the real thing if its rare its expensive!
                  Thanks for the input guys.
                  Brian Greenall
                  Melbourne, OZ
                  sigpic

Comment

I collect diecast cars and the 1937 Stude is a stunning model: Check out review here: http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/htm.../reviewpix.htm

Pricing amongst diecast afficienados is $200 (minimum) as Danbury Mint is (probably) out of the diecast business causing prices of models to rise. HTH, Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob, you are spot on, the model sold for $274.00 . They say that Danbury Mint are back in business and they might make another version of this model in a different colour and more detail.
                      Brian Greenall
                      Melbourne, OZ
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X