Parts Availability for '59 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts Availability for '59 Lark

I am from Anderson, IN and seem to remember on U. S. 40 west of Greenfield, IN a parts NOS facility for Studebakers and Packards. Is it still there? I am contemplating purchasing this car and want location of parts.

Yes it is , its called Studebaker International now , they do have a website....check it out.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Hello, Mike. That place is Studebaker International in Greenfield. Below is their website address. They sell all kinds of Studebaker parts - NOS, reproduction, etc.

There are a number of other Studebaker parts vendors around the country.

Good luck in your prospective purchase!
      Tom
      1960 Lark VIII
      1962 Lark Cruiser
      1964 Cruiser

Comment

Studebaker International has also bought the entire SASCO, South Bend Parts Stock, remains of the Worldwide Warehouse (Plant 8 Depot) in South Bend, it has been moved across town to the Studebaker Aviation and Truck Plant.

I do not think you will have any trouble finding Mechanical Parts, and small Body Parts.
        The '59 and all pre '64 large Sheet Metal parts though, are getting very slim after 54 years, get em while they last!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Have they bought the ENTIRE SASCO parts supply ?,I thought some parts were bought by other vendors - or I mis-under stood what really happened
          Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Studebaker International has also bought the entire SASCO, South Bend Parts Stock, remains of the Worldwide Warehouse (Plant 8 Depot) in South Bend, it has been moved across town to the Studebaker Aviation and Truck Plant.

I do not think you will have any trouble finding Mechanical Parts, and small Body Parts.
          The '59 and all pre '64 large Sheet Metal parts though, are getting very slim after 54 years, get em while they last!
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
            Have they bought the ENTIRE SASCO parts supply ?,I thought some parts were bought by other vendors - or I mis-under stood what really happened
            Stories vary.
            Some was sold prior to SI getting it.
            Some was sold after.
            Some was scrapped.

True or not- the fact of the matter is- the parts got saved,
            and I'd bet SI has something like 80% of it as of now...

StudeDave '57
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
              The 'soft goods' items such as interior trim was sold to Starlight Studebaker.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                The 'soft goods' items such as interior trim was sold to Starlight Studebaker.

Craig
                And the pre-1957 Packard parts were sold to a group of dealers.

Chris.

Comment

If you could only see the inventory at Studebaker Int'l's South Bend facility, you'd see an incredible supply of parts, both new and old.
                  I had the privilege of touring the warehouse with Chris Dresbach during the 2012 Studebaker International meet. Ed Reynolds and his staff did an incredible job just sorting out all the stuff from SASCO. It reassured me that there is still a huge amount of parts available for our Studes.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                  X