Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Good thing the Veterans Day Parade was yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Good thing the Veterans Day Parade was yesterday...

'cause here's what the Studebakers and Veterans would be facing this morning!

Our rear deck the morning after the 2013 Indianapolis Veterans Day Parade discussed elsewhere. ('64 Daytona convertible safely tucked in The Morton Building on the right):

YIKES! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

And, believe it or not...the weather folks are claiming that it's headed all the way down here. Currently, there is bright sunshine, with a sky streaked with very high white clouds. However, they claim the temp will be dropping all day and by nightfall, we could be having flurries.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

It is now snowing in NYC!
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

If there were any Airborne Vets that spent Christmas in the Bastogne, this weather might have dusted off some memories.
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Supposed to be 90 again here today. Last measurable snow was in 1934. Just saying.
          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
          jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
            Supposed to be 90 again here today. Last measurable snow was in 1934. Just saying.
            But we don't have any fire ants, Tim. Just sayin' BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'm going to have to break up the furniture down here, it's supposed to get down to 35 tonight! I think I may still have a winter coat, not sure though.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                But we don't have any fire ants, Tim. Just sayin' BP

True, Bob. Fire ants only come out when the daytime temperature is above 60 which means we won't seem them for about a week this winter.
                Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

We got a mixture of rain and snow showers this morning here on Long Island. The only snow that stuck was a dusting on the lawns.
                  OK, I've seen enough Winter. I'm ready for Spring so I can get the Studebaker out.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                  X