Vehicle tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle tags

Has anyone got any vehicle I'd tags , vin plates , stude dealer tags etc they may wish to sell not sure what I'm looking for tbh (pictures will be good)

Here is a Serial Number plate from the Left Door Post of a '62 Lark VIII:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lark Serial Number Plate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1684644

Here is a Body Tag from the right Firewall of a '63 Lark VIII Daytona Wagonaire:

Name:	Rose Mist 63 DaytonaA.JPG
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1684643

They rarely give you much info that you cannot already See, the Production Order copy from the Studebaker National Museum is required to find the details.

"Dealer Tags" can be a License Plate Frame, Decal on the Back or a Chrome Nameplate that some Dealers used for promotion.

I really have no idea what you mean by "Tags". Over here, many people refer to the little stickers that go on the License Plate each year to renew them as: "Tags", I am not one of them.
    A STICKER is a Sticker is a sticker!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 11-12-2013, 04:27 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Cheers for that stude rich but not what I'm after tbh

Comment

Looking for something simuler to these

Comment

you DID say "vin plates", did you not?
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

I really have no idea what you mean by "Tags". Over here, many people refer to the little stickers that go on the License Plate each year to renew them as: "Tags", I am not one of them.
            A STICKER is a Sticker is a sticker!
            At least here in New York State, some years used a small metal tag (same material as the plate) to bolt on the corner updating the expiration year. Other years used small rectangular stickers over the expiration year and even vertical strip stickers were also used (1965 IIRC). The first type I would call a tag and the second and third types I would call a sticker. Of course, in some areas they refer to the full plate as a tag.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Seems to be looking for dealer advertising tags.
              Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
              50 Champion 2 door*
              53 Commander K Auto*
              53 Commander K overdrive*
              55 President Speedster
              62 GT 4Speed*
              63 Avanti R1*
              64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Well you did say "Vehicle I.D. Tags, Vin Plates" etc. but I highlighted the Nameplate you were looking for in my Post #2, I just do not have any to show you because they were MOSTLY a East Coast thing.
                StudeRich
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I would of done a deal for this on eBay but the guy wants 9 bucks to send it here n I ain't paying that money

Comment

This Serial No. plate that Rooney's shown us, is that a legitimate style of plate??? I've never seen one like that and I am wondering if it isn't a design that someone just dreamed using the Studebaker name script. I don't think they'd have offset the name to one side. Looks like artistic lie-sense to me!
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                      This Serial No. plate that Rooney's shown us, is that a legitimate style of plate??? I've never seen one like that and I am wondering if it isn't a design that someone just dreamed using the Studebaker name script. I don't think they'd have offset the name to one side. Looks like artistic lie-sense to me!
                      Agreed, Bob.

Take a closer look at that old-style Studebaker script.

That doesn't actually look like exactly what they used anywhere, anytime. Similar, but not "it." BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Right, they would NEVER have not centered the Script, or used that tiny Serial Number Space.
                        It probably comes closest to a Pre-War Style though.
                        StudeRich
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It's not going to make its way to England anyway guys

Comment

Name:	005.jpg
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	1684705Here's a few authentic tags - may their owners rest in piece.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Roscomacaw pm sent

Comment

Working...
                              X