Do not like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Do not like

So I have me a brand new spanking dual master cylinder.
    One port is 1/2" the other 9/16"

Enclosed were two cheap steel adapters to screw into the two ports.

Question: Can I purchase two lengths of 3/8" steel line with the proper nuts already on them? If not I have to find brass fittings, the steel has to go!

Hi Hawklover,

Why don't you like steel? The Rust factor? I think The steel lines likely will have steel nuts with wimpy plating on them.

regards,

Dan T

Comment

Would the 9/16 go to the rear because of friction loss....just guessing .. I concur, steel lines on the inside should not rust, the outside is a different story

Comment

Dan,
        It's not that I hate steel, but for fittings I have always gone with brass, guess coming from a family of plumbers has something to do with it! As it is I will have to get a new 9/16 fitting, when attempting to screw the steel one into the m/c port it goes maybe three turns then stops, the 1/2 one is able to be screwed all the way down, now mind you this is via my fingers...so I did not want to risk cross threading anything so I did not use a wrench, but if the 1/2 in fitting was able to be screwed all the way in via by fingers it tells me that other fitting is n/g....if it is the master, I guess I will have to run a tap to chase the treads a little.
        Originally posted by Dan Timberlake View Post
        Hi Hawklover,

Why don't you like steel? The Rust factor? I think The steel lines likely will have steel nuts with wimpy plating on them.

regards,

Dan T

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
          /Cut/Question: Can I purchase two lengths of 3/8" steel line with the proper nuts already on them? If not I have to find brass fittings, the steel has to go!
          This must be a Typo, I am sure you know Car Brake lines are always 3/16".
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X