Ocean Bay Chapter, SDC...OCTOBERFEST!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean Bay Chapter, SDC...OCTOBERFEST!

Here's a few shots taken at the last 'outdoor' Studebaker meet of the season for the 'Ocean Bay Chapter'. The all red '56 Golden Hawk is a very nice car, as is the black/red '57 Golden Hawk (with real wire wheels on it. Also in the lineup of C/K's is a beautiful Astra White '64 Gran Turismo Hawk, and a perfect Green Jade '61 Hawk that was on a 'Turning Wheels' cover a while back. At the end is a white/red '57 Golden Hawk '400' clone, that has a nicely done white leather interior. We showed up in our Speedy...the 'Doctor's Car'.

PS...This meet was held at Larz Anderson Park, (The Museum Of Transportation), in Brookline, Massachusetts
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SN-60; 11-05-2013, 02:55 PM. Reason: Added PS

Nice collection of Studebakers Ed,was Dave - T at the meet ?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Thanks for the pics!
      I've never seen more than 4 Studebakers at a show or cruise at one time. I rarely see one.
      What is the biggest Studebaker event and how many generally show?

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
        Nice collection of Studebakers Ed,was Dave - T at the meet ?
        Thanks Joe. These pics were taken early that day...about a dozen more Studes and a few real nice Packards showed up for this meet...perfect autumn weather! Dave and Janet Thibeault usually attend this meet, but didn't make it this time. I'll probably see Them at the annual Ocean Bay Christmas Party next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefscoupe View Post
          Thanks for the pics!
          I've never seen more than 4 Studebakers at a show or cruise at one time. I rarely see one.
          What is the biggest Studebaker event and how many generally show?
          Thanks!...I'd say the biggest Studebaker events have to be the SDC International Meets. When we attended the South Bend 'Stude Homecoming' Meet in 2007, someone said there were about 800 Studebakers and Packards on the field at the fairgrounds!

Comment

It was at an OBC meet at Lars Anderson that Robert Bourke filed out an application to join SDC while sitting in the front seat of my 1953 Commander Starliner.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              It was at an OBC meet at Lars Anderson that Robert Bourke filed out an application to join SDC while sitting in the front seat of my 1953 Commander Starliner.
              Wow!....Now THAT'S a great memory!

Comment

The red '56 Golden in the above photo has one of the new Edelbrock AFB's with electric choke installed on it. This carb sits on an adapter plate above the original Packard intake manifold. Owner said that the engine runs much better with this carb setup. (He's owned car for about five years). I found it interesting that he was carrying the original WCFB carb and offset oil bath air cleaner (hopefully drained) around with him in the trunk!

Comment

Nice, thanks for posting.

Comment

A photo of 'The Doctor's Car', taken at this meet, that was recently e-mailed to Me!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                      A photo of 'The Doctor's Car', taken at this meet, that was recently e-mailed to Me!
                      NICE, I am really sorry that I missed it.
                      sigpic
                      1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by R_David View Post
                        NICE, I am really sorry that I missed it.
                        You HAVE to go to next year's! Your Hawk, in that exotic 'Flamingo' color, will be a real crowd pleaser!

Comment

When I installed the McCulloch supercharger on the Speedster in 1996, I was looking for the cool 'look' of a supercharged engine, and hopefully somewhat higher performance. But as it turned out, the most noticeable benefit (to Me) is the increased smoothness of how this 259CI engine runs, both idling and accelerating. It ran good (I thought) after the rebuild with it's original carefully overhauled Carter WCFB, but there seems to be something about the forced air delivery (better atomization?) that this '55 Speedster engine REALLY likes. Interesting!

Comment

Here's a couple shots of a VERY nice Avanti that I'm keeping an eye on (if the owner ever decides to loosen his grip!) It's a show car, but as it's non-Stude, I believe I'd use it as a well maintained daily driver and give My '83 version a rest.
                            Attached Files

Comment

And here's one of the nicest '58 Studebaker President Sedans old SN-60 has seen in a long time......Really beautiful!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X