No announcement yet.

Not Zackly Correct Commentary Of Your Car by the Non-Studebaker Casual Observer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Zackly Correct Commentary Of Your Car by the Non-Studebaker Casual Observer

jimmijim 63 Hawk

"Why that's the most beautiful Thunderbird I've ever seen".
    "Yep, Grand Torino"

Please chime in with your recollection {s}. cheers jimmijim
    Last edited by jimmijim8; 11-04-2013, 04:00 PM.
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Guy at a car show said he liked my car, just like the one in the Clint Eastwood movie except Clint's was black. Kids want to know what year my Mercedes is. Every Silver Hawk is silver, I'm told. Every Hawk had a rollbar. F*rd made all the engines.... no, wait, it was American Motors... Is the big orange thing the ac compressor? Wow! That's huge! My uncle had one of these, but his was a convertible..

Comment

Studebaker made the Rambler, right?

Comment

About 5 years ago my Uncle "my Father's brother" came to visit.He wanted to see all the Studebakers that Dad and I had gathered,so upon showing Him the Hawk.He says hey I remember seeing a T-Bird sitting right here in the barn,I said nope only the Hawk was here,in fact only Studebakers made it here.He says are you sure,I say I'm sure,He says I thought for sure ???.fast forward to this past Summer,He calls to say hello and asks my Mother if the T-Bird is still out in the barn .some one is always mis-labeling these poor studebakers and likely always will.I even had my 55 Pres HT called a T-Bird once.had my 55 Champion sedan called a Porshe once,this Guy was drunk
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I had someone ask if my '53 Coupe was "an old Camaro." Hey, the C/Ks look more like the '82 and later Camaros than the '68 Camaro does.

Comment

when my daughter was in Hi School, she worked at Subway after school. I went to pick her up one day in the GT. Excited young boy behind the counter runs to the back shouting"Rachel,Rachel,You gotta see this.Someone just pulled up in a Rolls Royce!" She comes out of the storeroom and says "That's just my Daddy in a Studebaker."
            Neil Thornton

Comment

I recently had a couple of different people pull in my driveway to see if I was selling the "old" Oldsmobile that is sitting in my driveway. I smiled and told them it was a Studebaker Daytona, and its not for sale. I did however have an early Mustang owner looking at my car at a local cruise night and he is about the first person to acknowledge that Studebaker had the 289 first and then pointed out the differences between the Ford 289 and the Studebaker 289. It was nice to find someone that knew the difference.

Todd

Comment

"My dad owned an International truck years ago".
                Sheesh!
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

There's another Jeep just like yours downtown!
                  Or, I saw your truck at the "Tattood Moose" (it was a Chevy)

Comment

One of my favorites has always been: "We used to have one exactly like that, except it was a 4 door and green."
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

"Who made Studebaker?"

"I knew someone who owned an Avanti, but it was an early one from back in the '50s."

"Chevrolet made the engines for most everyone...AMC, Studebaker...they changed the heads to make them look different from one to the other."
                      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I went to a local parts store, asked for a fan belt for a Studebaker, young fellow loudly asked who made them, another fellow down at the end of the counter responds, I think Volkswagen made them.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

"Haven't seen one of those in a long time." Ours is one of a kind.
                          "That's a Golden Hawk, right?" At least they both have fins.
                          "Nice looking Thunderbird." Somewhat understandable because of continental kit except ours is about two feet longer.
                          "I had one with that same engine and got it up to 140 mph." Maybe if it was dropped from an airplane.
                          "You can tell it has hydraulics." My wife almost clocked the guy.
                          "Is it a truck?" Heat must have gotten to him.
                          "I knew it was a Studebaker from the grill." Grill is from '55 Ford.
                          "The roof is retractable, right?" I wish.
                          And my favorite. "Did it come from the factory that way?" Ultimate compliment to the quality of the custom work.
                          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                          jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Went to FLAPS for a headlight. Told them 6006. Did not find part number in the computer. Asked make.."Studebaker". Who makes that..."Studebaker". Found Studebaker in the sytem..enter model. No headlight found. Was told "Looks like a dealer item." Was temped to ask where I can find one, but didn't. Went to another FLAPS down the road. Told them 6006. Guy behind the counter said we have one...without looking into the computer! He brought it out and asked casualy for what car. Told him "Studebaker". He said "Oh...we had someone last week buy the other headlight for a Studebaker too." That left me speachless....

Comment

Originally posted by RDWEAVER View Post
                              Studebaker made the Rambler, right?
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X