Who's car is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's car is this?

I'm looking for a carb bonnet like this that covers two 4 bbls. If one is out there that I don't have to make it would be a bonus!Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00022.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1741034
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Now that is about as good as under hood eye candy gets! I dreamed of making one like this for a supercharged tri power before maybe someone already has.

Comment

I think that might be Ed Desilva's car. He lives in Miami but I do not have contact info for him.

Comment

R4 air cleaners were copies of a Corvette or (?) of the same year...

More notes
        an optional unit for the '61-'64 Chevy 409...
        The air cleaner element is a Chevy 1553443
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
          R4 air cleaners were copies of a Corvette or (?) of the same year...

More notes
          an optional unit for the '61-'64 Chevy 409...
          The air cleaner element is a Chevy 1553443
          Yes, but an R4 wasn't pressurized and the Chevrolet/Corvette air cleaner assembly does not have the ability to be pressurized.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

When the conversation pertains to an R4, we all know that they are not pressurized. Brad is building an R4...... At least that's the impression I got.
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Aw shucks Brad. Just make one up. You can do eeit maan. cheers jimmijim
              Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
              I'm looking for a carb bonnet like this that covers two 4 bbls. If one is out there that I don't have to make it would be a bonus![ATTACH=CONFIG]29291[/ATTACH]
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Well, I'm making a "special" R4. Since this one has 8.5:1 compression ratio, I'm putting on a Novi blower, and a serpentine drive. With power steering and Air Conditioning!
                Progress continues on the body and the first prime is almost blocked. (check out the blog pages on my signature).
                Bez Auto Alchemy
                573-318-8948
                http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

That is a beautiful looking carb (carbs) bonnet in the engine photo....I'd guess that it has to be custom made...and whoever made it is an artist!

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
                    When the conversation pertains to an R4, we all know that they are not pressurized. Brad is building an R4...... At least that's the impression I got.
                    I was basing my response on the picture that Brad posted (two 4 bbls. + blower).
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Oh Wow!, I just noticed that this engine (In pic) ALSO has one of the 'early' A/C compressors/setups on it! Busy week for R2 Avantis with air!

Comment

The car belongs to Ed Desilva. He is actually in Ft. Lauderdale FL. Here is a link to more pictures of the car:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Working...
                        X