The price of a radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The price of a radiator

I just saw this NOS radiator on ebay; Starting bid is $199.99, and shipping is $40.00. I have an extra radiator, but it leaks. Is the ebay radiator a good deal, or should I have mine repaired?

A new one will be 300.00 to 500.00 just for the core, I would ask if this has 3 Rows of tubes as seen or felt in the Cap opening, this IS for a Water Cooled HD Automatic, the plugs can be seen in the ports at the bottom tank, it is for a '62 to '64 289 V8 Police Car or Taxi, so I would expect 3 Rows, but the only way is to look.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If it suits your vehicle it's a good deal but, I would not discard your re-corable radiator.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Had mine re-cored this summer at a local radiator shop. Up-graded to a three tube row w/ newer style tubes using the stock upper and lower tanks. It's supposed to have 50% more cooling cap. I'm adding AC so I thought the more capacity the better.The cost was $ 650.00. A straight re-core was quoted at $500.00.
        The parts manual shows this radiator is for 62-64 V-8 with automatic trans. Looks like a good deal to me!

Brian
        Last edited by brian6373; 11-03-2013, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X