Leonard Shepherd's Awesome Photobucket Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonard Shepherd's Awesome Photobucket Website

I just stumbled upon this a few minutes ago, and found incredible Pictures of junkyards full of Studes. some very helpful tips, a Pictorial of Windshield Washer Kits etc. and lots of neat things of interest to many Stude. owners.

Actually I was looking at the Dealership info that Bob Johnstone has on his Website called "Studebaker Dealer Listing" and clicked on the "reference info" on a Photo and to my surprise found Leonard's Photobucket Site.

For those of you that do not know, Leonard is unable to post here now due to serious illness, I did hear that not too long ago he could read the Forum some though,

Leonard was a long time Poster here and all around good guy to have here, with lots of Stude. knowledge and history.

Link to Photobucket Site:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Leonard is one of the good guys... I really miss his presence here.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

His album contains over a thousand photos that encompass all aspects of our Studebaker family, experience, interests and history. I remember many of these photos he posted to the forum to educate and enlighten. It's interesting to see some of those he didn't post or I don't remember.

Something to share in reference to any inquiry. We miss you, Lennie!

Last edited by rockne10; 11-03-2013, 05:31 PM.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

What Dave Lester said; we all miss you, Leonard.

If you follow Leonard's photobucket in about 26 photos, you come to an old, period snapshot of Lanky Leonard standing beside his mother's new, 1958 Silver Hawk. Yes, she bought it new. It is white with gold fins. IIRC, Leonord said the car arrived at the dealership solid white and the fins were painted gold before his mother took delivery. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Leonard's photobucket is not only informative but the most entertaining I've had in some time. Seeing his posts here & his picture of the 52 with the primered fender made me want to fly back there & paint it for him!
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I went through a few pages and bookmarked the site for future viewing. Thanks for sharing. Hope he is on the mend.
            1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I never met Lenard, but felt a connection because of our 52 Studes and the fact that we had a connection to Farmville, VA. I always wanted to meet him and see his 52 Commander 2 door. I hope he is getting better.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

I was pleased to find one of Leonard's "signature" pictures in the collection. I took this picture in October, 2005 at Chester Bradfield's. Leonard was in his glory driving his Daytona convertible, previously owned by the late Sam Miller.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0843.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	1684541
                Jim Bradley
                Lake Monticello, VA
                '78 Avanti II
                sigpic

Comment

Wow, what a surprise to find myself, my daughter and even my wife in Lenny's cyber photos. Didn't know he had or hosted a web page of photos. An amazing collection. The photo of the 62 Dodge race car was taken by my brother on his Brownie camera. The kind you hold near your beltline and aim. The young lad near the fender is me, a teen of 14. It was 1962 and we were at Roanoke Dragstrip. That's one of the early 413 crossram dual intake Dodge race cars. Car ran low 13's high 12's. The other cars were taken from the bench stands. A 421 Pontiac wide track is in the left lane. In those days they used dust for the burnouts and a flagman for the start and finish. Life was simple and great time to be a teenager. The red Roadster photos were taken by Lenny at my home. That's his son Lester standing beside it. I bought a 61 Cruiser out of Arlington for $100 and towed it back with a chain and bar (will never do that again). Modified it into a homemade street roadster. Made the body out of wood and whatever I could find. Drove that car on the street and to the race track for 7 years. The girl beside the red 84 Avanti is my daughter. Her wedding and that's Lenny's Lark convertible too. And I see he hosted up some race runs of my 61 Lark (Super Lark Almost). Lenny was fond of this car because he once owned a 61 Lark. Lenny went with me many times to the track and was always a great friend and companion. He would drop by sometimes with an engine issue and I would tune his engine. Then we would run them up the road to hear the carb sound off, etc. On one occasion when he was putting the replacment motor in his 52, Lenny calls and says the motor is not turning over on the starter. So I go over and the 259 motor is locked tight. Pulled the oil pan and find Lenny had installed the main caps out of order. So I fixed the error and the motor ran perfect even though one of the caps had cracked from the torgue bind. After he got it running the transmission went bad so I gave him the old T86 three speed I had left over from the cruiser lark roadster car. Whoever gets it one day will see a welded bracket near the tailshaft where I had a three speed shifter connected. Strange but true.
                  Start and Stage Your Studebakers

Comment

Working...
                  X