Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice but burned-out 1957 Silver Hawk follow-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice but burned-out 1957 Silver Hawk follow-up?

Did anyone ever determine what happened to that nice 1957 Silver Hawk on the trailer that was on e-bay awhile back? It looked good but had recently suffered a bad interior fire that had cooked the paint off the roof. I thought it was discussed here but did not find a link.

'Just wondered if anyone knew what happened to it, or had seen it. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I saw it on Ebay. I think the bid was around $2000.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

It's back on eBay.

Bish
      sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
      1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
      1959 4E2 4spd, TT
      1963 8E28 GSA order
      1963 8E5 SOLD!
      1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Thanks, guys. I had a non-forum SDC friend asking about it and it seemed to have fallen off the radar. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It ended at about $6500 (!). If it's back the buyer must have flaked.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Must be this car:

Looks like it could be brought back to life. I wish the seller would have put up more than just one photo of the interior though. Must have been a heck of a blaze, I'd like to know what caused it. If the car was in operation when it happened, this is a classic example of why it's so important to have a fire extinguisher in your vehicle at all times.
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
              Must be this car:

Looks like it could be brought back to life. I wish the seller would have put up more than just one photo of the interior though. Must have been a heck of a blaze, I'd like to know what caused it. If the car was in operation when it happened, this is a classic example of why it's so important to have a fire extinguisher in your vehicle at all times.
              Spoken like a TRUE Firefighter!
              Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                Spoken like a TRUE Firefighter!
                "To help others." Thanks Neil
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

I remember that Hawk. I judged it years ago and have seen it at shows. There can't be two dark green Hawks with yellow frames. I remember it as being from NH or VT.
                  Where it is now is only one county away from me.
                  One could probably make out well by parting it out, but I couldn't bring myself to do that to that Hawk.
                  I keep telling myself: No more projects, No more projects.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

For the record, the previous listing says it sold for $6,450.

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Bob P, I posted up here about that car, interested in buying it to repair again, Bob Andrews was the only person to comment on it, because I had nobody to check it out I backed off on it. Like Bob A said it "sold " for 6,450 , that's too much when you have to supply a whole new trim, dash, glass, wiring and probably a paint job.
                      Worth maybe 3K-4K
                      Brian Greenall
                      Melbourne, OZ
                      sigpic

Comment

It is up to $2297 now and the reserve has not been met. I think that the seller is someone that bought the Hawk as an insurance total. My guess for the reserve (what I think that it should be) is $2500-$3000.
                        His listing does explain about the non-responsive first "buyer"/high bidder.
                        I remember the car as being a nice car, before the fire.
                        It is about an hour, or so, drive away from me (one way). If someone is serious and I could be of more help than the pictures, I could probably arrange to see it.
                        I don't think that interior pictures would help. Just assume that everything in the interior has been burned away.
                        You would have a lot of money in that Hawk with full interior package, complete dash, all glass, wiring, some body work, paint and a zillion other things that pop up.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                        X