Air conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air conditioner

What are you guys running for AC on your 53's.

It's 44 degrees here, I just roll the windows down Pancho... But, I want one of the water tubes that hang from the window....

Comment

Originally posted by Pancho View Post
      What are you guys running for AC on your 53's.
      If you are talking about a '53 that has been converted to 12-volt, Vintage Air makes a nice a/c setup that works well on a '53. I sold a '53 Commander Starliner several years ago that had that setup. It was very neat and clean. I don't have pictures immediately available, but can retrieve them with a little effort.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

This thread might help:

Dave Nevin
        Corvallis, OR
        1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
        Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Yes the Vintage Air Gen II unit works great with the 56-61 style dash.
          Very easy installation. Just put on in Sandi's 61 a couple of weeks ago.
          Check out the pictures posted by Mike on the 56jLS1 build report posted recently to see one installed.
          The stock radio will not work with the Evaporator, but with a little creativity a new stereo will go in the stock location.
          Just getting to that step with Sandi's car.
          Good Roads
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Ya want one of these bosshoss61
            http://

Comment

Those window coolers work well in dry climates. The cooling is based on evaporated water. In humid heat the evaporation has no where to go.
              In many climates they are a non-functional curiosity.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks Brian and all. Brian let me know how the radio goes. Yeah Rooneytunes! A good ol swap cooler. Where are you at in England? I've spent some time there, mostly London and South Yorkshire.

Comment

Absolutely no good what so ever in this country but they look as cool as you like
                  I live in the Gloucestershire area of England

Comment

I like the orange one on your car. Would like to find me an original for my 50 Champ . My parents had two (one in each window) in the back windows of the old tri-5 chevy station wagon when we went to Millies drive up diner. We could keep the bugs out at nite out on the highway and still have some air coming in.....and we always had a little circulation at nite with the cooler air coming in, didn't have to put up with all the traffic noise. So, humidity and it's relationship to the dry air is not the only reason to have one....

Comment

I've seen a few on America eBay for sale

Comment

Working...
                      X