• Show
Clear All

• A 1931 Ute ??

Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

From the left side, it does appear to have a box slid into the trunk/boot.

Mark L
    Mark L

Comment

It Is an optical illusion. I looked at that real close and there is a truck bed in the background lined up to appear as a bed attached to the car.

Comment

That is Ed Amans old car. I believe that is a pickup box in the trunk.

Comment

This car just went tru ebay last month at $8,500. It had a p/u bed in the trunk area and a cover like a huckster wagon. I hadn't known it had been Ed Aman's. I remember when it was in Rosemead before he moved to Oregon. Sure looked better then, about 45 years ago.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Rex should know better. This car belonged to a fellow (John Leicester) in Pacific Palisades, Ca for over 50 years. He also had a '31 President roadster. A year or so after he died Rick Peterson (who is editor of the Antique Studebaker Review) bought both cars and took the engine out of the coupe and placed the car on ebay (early Sept 2013). While it did not meet the reserve Rick sold it to the Oregon party who now has it listed on ebay for way more than he paid. You can see one photo from Ricks auction below and numerous others here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1931-Studeba...p2047675.l2557

Click image for larger version

Name:	31 pres cpe peterson1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	1684331 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2231 email.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1684332 Maybe $100,000 later it could look like this!
            Last edited by Studebaker Wheel; 10-26-2013, 09:00 PM.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Ok Dick I screwed up. Seeing it in Oregon I thought it was Eds. He had 2 in about the same condition.

Comment

Bought the 31 President today. Sending it to Allen Barth to redo with my 32 St. Regis Commander....... after he completes a 31 898 Auburn Brougham and 33 902 Packard 5 passenger coupe he has out there for us........some shots attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mike super View Post
                  Bought the 31 President today. Sending it to Allen Barth to redo with my 32 St. Regis Commander....... after he completes a 31 898 Auburn Brougham and 33 902 Packard 5 passenger coupe he has out there for us........some shots attached.
                  Thank you very much, Mike. I had seen this in prior listings and, each time, wished I had resources to rescue it. I now know it is in good hands.
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                  X