Need Mallory Unilite module part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Need Mallory Unilite module part number

I have a Mallory Unilite Distributor I purchased from Dave Thibeault in my Hawk. I've had it maybe a year. Problem is, I'm not getting any spark and I'm dead in the water! I had the module go out in the unit before, but that was only a few weeks after I had installed the unit. Unfortunately, its done it again!! I've tried to get in touch with Dave today, but no luck. Can anyone tell me what the part number is for the module in the Distributor. I am hoping to get one locally, but don't know the part number.
    Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Try Mallory-ignition.com

There is an ignition module -Unilite and E-Spark - Replacement -Part #605

Says these are direct replacements for modules in Mallory distributors and conversion kits

Hope this is what you need.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

The part number is not 'imprinted' on it? The distributor tag should have a number to use to order parts. Any speed shop that carries Mallory items can order the parts.

Comment

Unilites, while excellent distributors, are prone to blowing out from voltage spikes. Mallory sells a spike filter for them...you should get one. Since Mallory is aware of the problem I think they should provide the filter built-in but they didn't ask me. I guess it's to keep the basic selling price down or be non-competitive against competing brands units.

The filter costs something like $30...money well spent to keep the module from blowing out.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
        X