Photos from Reedsville 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from Reedsville 2013

I was vending alone today so had little opportunity to wander and look about but, here are just a few images from Friday. Will have help tomorrow and should be able to get a better view; also supposed to be sunny and ten degrees warmer. Mark calendar next year for November 21-22.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Last edited by rockne10; 10-25-2013, 05:17 PM.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Good pictures.
    Thanks for posting.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures.Was the black Silver Hawk on the trailer for sale?
      Thanks,
      Tony

Comment

I did not see a sign on it but it may have already changed hands.

I am, at this moment, adding 17 more photos from Saturday to the album. Beautiful day today and, I finally got to meet (Deepnhock) Jeff Rice in person. Other Forum members noticed were: Jim Turner, Bob Andrews, Denny Foust, Rob Reese, Jim Bradley, Steve Grant, Jim Sinclair, Phil Harris, Pete Crisitello and no doubt others I've not recognized.
        Last edited by rockne10; 10-26-2013, 03:55 PM.
        Brad Johnson,
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for posting Brad, but can't see pics???????
          J-Bob (aka the guy who gave away parts by the tub full)
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
            Thanks for posting Brad, but can't see pics???????
            Posted the link as a slideshow; maybe it will open for you here.
            Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
            Brad Johnson,
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Here's a few other pic's from Reedsville....

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              http://s57.photobucket.com/user/rock...?sort=2&page=1
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

GREAT pictures!

We have NOTHING like that on the west coast. I'm jealous.
                Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

On my bucket list to go there, the So Bend one, plus the one in the spring.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                    We have NOTHING like that on the west coast. I'm jealous.
                    All it takes is a few dedicated folks to get it organized and a couple dozen lunatics who want to rid themselves of years of accumulated parts. It's a win-win, an excuse for camaraderie and, if you got it together, A PARTY !!!
                    Brad Johnson,
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by tony58 View Post
                      Thanks for the pictures.Was the black Silver Hawk on the trailer for sale?
                      Thanks,
                      Tony
                      The Hawk belongs to Bob Stowell. He stopped by Reedsville on his fall migration from upstate NY to sunny FL.
                      Jim Bradley
                      Lake Monticello, VA
                      '78 Avanti II
                      sigpic

Comment

All it takes is a few dedicated folks to get it organized and a couple dozen lunatics who want to rid themselves of years of accumulated parts. It's a win-win, an excuse for camaraderie and, if you got it together, A PARTY !!!
                        But sadly, no matter what, NOBODY will EVER be able to duplicate Max's
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I agree...
                          Friday night's at Max's place is a mix of atmosphere, social interlace, reminiscence.....
                          What's 'different' about his party is it's minimalist nature...
                          There's a kegger in the fridge with a tapper drilled into the door.
                          A table full of cups, and a bunch of bags of chips, an old cooler full of cans of pop....
                          A pool table (next to a giant oil drum wood burner heater)...
                          Twenty folding chairs, and a cleared out space for the keyboard and band members.
                          That's all...
                          Anything more than that, and you'll have to go somewhere in the building to carve out your own space to converse.
                          Upstairs is a storage area, where 85% of the contents have never moved.
                          But it is a bit quieter up there, so three or four small groups can chat at once without competing with the band.
                          And the band is improving. Each time I have been there they get better.
                          Almost everybody comes to Max's after supper, and most vendors exited early to make sure Saturday at the swap meet gets off without a headache.
                          Funny thing...(Now don't take this wrong)....
                          I agree with Bams about putting a special label on Max's party.
                          It is special..
                          But it is a fragile, and a moment in time snapshot.
                          One of those things that you have to make the effort to be there, because you know that it might not ever happen again.
                          As parties go (especially Studebaker parties)... It too shall pass.
                          But, while it is still happening, it's a 'don't miss' event, even in it's low key grubby kind of way.

Others can try to copy it, but they really shouldn't.
                          Let Max's deal be Max's deal, and set the table for the next Stude party all on it's own.
                          (Like April 11th, 2013 in Brooklet, GA... Be there or be square!)

Max, We all had a great time... Thanks!
                          Jeff

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                          But sadly, no matter what, NOBODY will EVER be able to duplicate Max's
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

A great Reedsville! Kudos to Max, Will Goss ,all the vendors as well as the patrons. Yes Max certainly knows how to throw a party . His "garage" and his band kick a$$! I've been there a number of times and it's always a great time. You will never be able to duplicate it- you need to be there! Make your plans for next year. We're not getting any younger! It was great to meet some on the Forum personally. Thanks to all for a great time. Rob in PA.

Comment

http://s57.photobucket.com/user/rock...?sort=2&page=1
                              GOT IT! Thanks Brad, great pics. And yes, great meet thanks everyone!
                              Jim
                              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
                              X