Road Trip! So. Cal. Look Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip! So. Cal. Look Out!

Wife, and I are taking Goldie (see Avatar) to the Anaheim area to see friends, and family. Just a last minute decision.

Is there anything going on down there this weekend? Like cruise ins, car shows, or the like, that we could attend? That would be fun.

We'll be going the central valley route to take advantage of the warm weather, and plentiful motels. It would be nice to meet up with some of you folks for lunch, or just a road side chat, what ever, if ya's got the time.

We're leaving here in a hour or so. but will take the lap top with us to check in.

Hope ya'll have a great week end, I know we're going to have a blast!!

Doug

I envy you. We're putting ours away for the winter. Have a wonderful trip and take pictures!
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Sounds like a fun adventure, have a safe trip!
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Road trip in a Studebaker. Life is good.
        I'm too far north or I would make a point of meeting up with you guys along your route.
        Have a really fun time and I hope you can connect up with fellow Studebaker lovers and find some cruise-ins to attend.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Doug:
          There is a "cruise in" every Friday night at the local (Northridge, CA a suburb of Los Angeles) Bob's Big Boy on Corbin Ave. at Nordhoff street. Starts mid afternoon (around 4 or so) and usually goes until around 7:30. Good mixture of interesting cars (usually a few of Studebakers). If you can make it let me know and I'll be sure to bring a Studebaker instead of a "normal" old car. You can email me at brngrage@gmail.com.
          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
          '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

May not affect you but the 405 at Sepulveda Pass will be closed saturday night for construction.

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
              Doug:
              There is a "cruise in" every Friday night at the local (Northridge, CA a suburb of Los Angeles) Bob's Big Boy on Corbin Ave. at Nordhoff street. Starts mid afternoon (around 4 or so) and usually goes until around 7:30. Good mixture of interesting cars (usually a few of Studebakers). If you can make it let me know and I'll be sure to bring a Studebaker instead of a "normal" old car. You can email me at brngrage@gmail.com.
              Wow! Bob's is still there? I grew up around there. Went to Cleveland HS in Reseda and did Summer Stock one year at what was then Cal-State Northridge. Bob's was a popular hang out as I recall. Best hamburgers around. Sounds like fun!
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

timing is everything...

Say, isn't the Old World Show next weekend...?

StudeDave '57
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

There is also a cruise in at Ruby's diner located close to the Redondo Beach pier every Friday evening. Bud

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
                    Doug:
                    Not to mention the Toluca Lake (Glendale) Bob's on Colorado.

Comment

Gosh, we used to go to the Touca Lake Bob's as well. You guys are killing me.
                      Ed Sallia
                      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Gee, thanks for the info guys! Unfortunately, we only made it as far as Valencia for the night.

Gosh, Brngarage, It looks like we missed all the fun. Sorry we missed you. Maybe we can find something to do tomorrow (Saturday).

Didn't used to be a big gathering somewhere around a big mall down in Irvine, or Costa Mesa somewhere Saturday mornings?

Just wondering,
                        Doug

Comment

Shoot I just saw your post you must have went through Fresno earlier. When are you going back through the Valley? Let me know I'll send you my number we met you in Stockton. You can come by and pick Davids brain on Air Conditioning for your Hawk.
                          Anne
                          Mabel 1949 Champion
                          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                          Gus 1958 Transtar
                          The Prez 1955 President State
                          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                          Fresno,Ca

Comment

The Caffeine Cruisers have a cruise in at the Starbucks at 17400 Hawthorne Blvd, Torrance which is where Hawthorne Blvd and Artesia Blvd cross and the Donut Derelicts also have a cruise in at 9015 Adams Ave in Huntington Beach. Bud

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8341.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1684384Had a great time today with Gold Hawk Doug and his wife Cheryl. We met them for lunch then back to my house to see Studes. Then it was to Bruces shop to see the Coupe Express. It sure was fun two 1957 Golden Hawks following each other. More pictures to follow after dinner.
                              Mabel 1949 Champion
                              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                              Gus 1958 Transtar
                              The Prez 1955 President State
                              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                              Fresno,Ca

Comment

Working...
                              X