Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What This Is Supposed To Be All About......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What This Is Supposed To Be All About......

(A tad long and rambling, but...)

Work has been busy lately... No kidding.. Life in 15 minute segments...
    Stuff has to be planned out months, weeks, days, minutes ahead of time...
    Left Monday at Odark:30 (A Calvin'ism)...
    Savannah, Charlotte, Salisbury, Richmond...with meetings at each stop...
    Get to Richmond and the engine shop sends me an e-mail..
    They need the camshaft thrust spacer, the crank bolt, the crank adapter, and another part....
    They 'must' have them to finish putting my long block together.
    Great... I'll have to go look in the shop on the engine shelves to fish out the parts and get them over there...
    But I'm almost 700 miles away, and won't be home for 2&1/2 weeks....
    What to do...what to do...
    Well? Run over to Tom Covington's place near Richmond...
    He lent me some spare parts of his, and the parts get sent the same afternoon UPS NDA to Precision Engine II...
    I probably couldn't pull that off with any Chevy engine like that...
    Thanks, Tom. Bailed me out....again!
    Oh... My car is 'full' of parts to be delivered to people in Reedsville.
    Bunch of stuff from Harold Freeze that was picked up for Jeff Braidel that needs to go up to Manassas, VA via Reedsville..
    Am handing off Wagamuth's CE bumpers to Jim Turner to bring back to Indy (he doesn't know it yet )..
    Am also picking up an exhaust system for Tom C. and dropping it off for him.
    There's more Stude stuff flipping around the countryside....because we work together!
    That's how it should be.... (Now...off to Norfolk tonight, then Reedsville Friday night)
    Jeff
    Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 10-24-2013, 04:17 PM.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Great story!..........well done.

Comment

That is a fun busy time making it all happen.I just made a quick trip to NY. to drop off a part so it could make it's way to Reedsville,as I'm not going.and also brought back a load of parts to CT. so they can get picked up in the Spring and head to Australia. ya close nit team work is just that,when able to help.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Reedsville, Bah Humbug!

You guys with all your Reedsville Talk! Those of us West of the Rockies have to just ignore all of it, because we are held HOSTAGE by the Oil Co's.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well maybe the prices will keep dropping "ya right" Rich you musta made Reedsville and York back in the day NO?
          Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          You guys with all your Reedsville Talk! Those of us West of the Rockies have to just ignore all of it, because we are held HOSTAGE by the Oil Co's.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Sounds good to me!
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I think we should have a"Reedsville" type event in DIXIE!
              Neil Thornton

Comment

April 11th, and 12th!

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                I think we should have a"Reedsville" type event in DIXIE!
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                  That is a fun busy time making it all happen.I just made a quick trip to NY. to drop off a part so it could make it's way to Reedsville,as I'm not going.and also brought back a load of parts to CT. so they can get picked up in the Spring and head to Australia. ya close nit team work is just that,when able to help.
                  Joe,----I have to get a Corvette roadster door down to You that can also be packed up in the Hawk for that trip to OZ!!!!

Comment

Ed, sure thing.let Me know when you want to do this,We'll figure something out. Man someone sure is busy,I'd have to have a secretary telling Me whats up QUOTE=SN-60;791534]Joe,----I have to get a Corvette roadster door down to You that can also be packed up in the Hawk for that trip to OZ!!!![/QUOTE]
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Wait a minute.

Helping each other out without money changing hands. Borrowing parts. Delivering parts for free. Sounds pretty CASO to me.
                      Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I can be all that and then some you can call me that and anything else except LATE FOR DINNER.
                        Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                        Wait a minute.

Helping each other out without money changing hands. Borrowing parts. Delivering parts for free. Sounds pretty CASO to me.
                        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                          Wait a minute.

Helping each other out without money changing hands. Borrowing parts. Delivering parts for free.
                          It does help to occupy the time.

Here's a quick link to the photos I took today at Reedsville.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Last edited by rockne10; 10-25-2013, 06:06 PM.
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Brad,in the picture with what looks like a pair of 53-55 sedans n.o.s. fenders (or maybe late 55s) what is the price for the pair ?
                            Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                            It does help to occupy the time.

Here's a quick link to the photos I took today at Reedsville.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

These are marked $525 each from Randy Snyder & Son, Frostburg, MD. They are as perfect as the day they were made.

Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X