episode of american pickers in Pennsylvania buying studebaker stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• episode of american pickers in Pennsylvania buying studebaker stuff

has any one seen the recent episode of"american Pickers" where Mike and Frank are inPennsylvania and go to this person shop and he had all kinds of studebaker stuff. does anyone know who this person is . i only caught the last bit of that segment of american pickers. looks like he had a major loads of parts and some cars . any info would be appreciated on this person . why????? still on my search for a champ pick up to restore.....

This?

Comment

thanks 61 Lark. thats it, does anyone on the forum know this person in Mifflin county Pennsylvania ?

Comment

I believe Max Corkin is a former president of the club.

Comment

Corkins Automotive Restoration
          233 E 3rd Street
          Lewistown, PA 17044 (1712)
          717-513-8251

Be there tomorrow night for the big party!

(Rumor has it that Bob Andrews is buying beer for everybody!)
          Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 10-24-2013, 02:27 PM.
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            (Rumor has it that Bob Andrews is buying beer for everybody!)
            I just made airline/motel reservations.
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Well you'd better hurry! I saw Andrews draining the keg so it doesn't cost him too much!! LOL

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
                Well you'd better hurry! I saw Andrews draining the keg so it doesn't cost him too much!! LOL

Jim
                Shucks. Reservations cancelled.
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
                  I believe Max Corkin is a former president of the club.
                  Max Corkins was president of the SDC back in 1980 and was the initial instigator of the rescue of the '47 woodie that now resides at the Studebaker National Museum. He's the one who towed it out of the proving grounds and kept it in storage until the interest and funds became plausible. He manages the Reedsville Swap Meet for the Manhattan Chapter. That swap meet in progress at this moment.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I wasn't draining the keg, I was sampling it. I wanted to make sure it was just right for you guys. But seeing that he is making the biggest effort, the first one is for Dave Lester. Read me now, believe me later.
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I'm coming too Bob, you still owe me a few from that Irish pub in South Bend !
                      Brian Greenall
                      Melbourne, OZ
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok , I have a question . Is the last surviving Studebaker Dealership still alive and well in Pittsburg ? I delivered at the Chevrolet Dealer around the corner and up the road . It was on the busy road by one end of the Liberty Tube . Authorized Parts , Sales and Service on the signage . Two or three Studs in the Showroom . No used cars . I am remembering this as I was there often from March '79 until Sept. '85 . There was a gap during a Layoff .

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                          I'm coming too Bob, you still owe me a few from that Irish pub in South Bend !
                          You bet, Brian! As a proud non-CASO I can handle it :-) But I'm not sure we can duplicate the fun we had that night
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by dimaxion View Post
                            Ok , I have a question . Is the last surviving Studebaker Dealership still alive and well in Pittsburg ? I delivered at the Chevrolet Dealer around the corner and up the road . It was on the busy road by one end of the Liberty Tube . Authorized Parts , Sales and Service on the signage . Two or three Studs in the Showroom . No used cars . I am remembering this as I was there often from March '79 until Sept. '85 . There was a gap during a Layoff .
                            You are probably thinking of Kliment Brothers in Forest Hills, on Ardmore Blvd. Pete Kliment has died and the business finally closed several years ago.

Dave Bonn
                            '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Working...
                            X