Rotisserie for a Lark-ever build one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotisserie for a Lark-ever build one?

I'm tossing around the idea of pulling the body of my 63 Lark off the frame. I'd love to have a rotisserie but the cheapest I can get locally is $1700 [B)]
    Has anyone on here ever built their own for a Lark? Care to share your plans?
    Thanks
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Hey Todd - I'm using one a Stude pal and retired Boeing engineer made from heavy plumbing pipes!
    I'll snap some pics and post. Hoping to pick up a free king bed frame today, to fabricate the rails as strut supports at the door openings. I'm planning the 'spit' the '63 hardtop and need to bolster the body before hoisting it off the frame.

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Hey Todd - I'm using one a Stude pal and retired Boeing engineer made from heavy plumbing pipes!
      I'll snap some pics and post. Hoping to pick up a free king bed frame today, to fabricate the rails as strut supports at the door openings. I'm planning the 'spit' the '63 hardtop and need to bolster the body before hoisting it off the frame.

Western Washington, USA

Comment

New rotisseries in Old Autos for $895. They look very neat.

I debated quite a bit on one, then bought a 4 post 8K pound lift directly from the US for approx $2K.

I am very happy with it.

Paul

Comment

New rotisseries in Old Autos for $895. They look very neat.

I debated quite a bit on one, then bought a 4 post 8K pound lift directly from the US for approx $2K.

I am very happy with it.

Paul

Comment

Am going to swap out the perferated angle iron for something more substantial, before hoisting it.

The rest of the pieces my friend built.

Can anyone guess what those two blue objects are on the floor of the car?

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Am going to swap out the perferated angle iron for something more substantial, before hoisting it.

The rest of the pieces my friend built.

Western Washington, USA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tomnoller

My guess is an aftermarket brake caliper bracket...

I've looked into building my own as well. I'd like to score some plans and do them myself. Raw steel is still cheaper than buying a finished product. And with my car being a hardtop, I'll aso need to brace the door openings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tomnoller

My guess is an aftermarket brake caliper bracket...

I've looked into building my own as well. I'd like to score some plans and do them myself. Raw steel is still cheaper than buying a finished product. And with my car being a hardtop, I'll aso need to brace the door openings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

there are places that rent them. thats what I'm going to do at $150 a month I figure that I can do everything I need to in a month

Comment

there are places that rent them. thats what I'm going to do at $150 a month I figure that I can do everything I need to in a month

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the ones in Old Auto's Paul. I'll check them out. You may be right in the fact I might be better off to put my $$ into a hoist. A hoist would be handy AFTER the restoration as well!
                        Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the ones in Old Auto's Paul. I'll check them out. You may be right in the fact I might be better off to put my $$ into a hoist. A hoist would be handy AFTER the restoration as well!
                          Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Tom; those blue brackets do resemble disc brake brackets, but my 1 size does all ladder has a couple of gadgets that look like that, to convert it from ladder to scaffold it's a 28 way universal ladder.

StudeRich
                            Studebakers Northwest
                            Ferndale, WA
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Tom; those blue brackets do resemble disc brake brackets, but my 1 size does all ladder has a couple of gadgets that look like that, to convert it from ladder to scaffold it's a 28 way universal ladder.

StudeRich
                              Studebakers Northwest
                              Ferndale, WA
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X