Spotted on the interstate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted on the interstate

Came upon this pretty old girl on interstate 81 south in central PA about noon. Probably doing 55 to 60 when I passed. Anybody know who it is?

Last edited by Bob Andrews; 10-24-2013, 09:32 AM.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I'd say it is a circa 1909 White Model M Steam Touring under full power in an upstate New York snowstorm, Bob, since nothing but white appears in the post. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What the heck, it showed up the first time? Try it again...
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Looks good now, Bob: a 1957 Commander or Champion DeLuxe 4-door sedan.

(Can you see a V8 emblem with no flags on the front fender? I can't, which would confirm a Commander.) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          I'd say it is a circa 1909 White Model M Steam Touring under full power in an upstate New York snowstorm, Bob, since nothing but white appears in the post. BP
          Last night/this morning there was lake effect snow up north of Syracuse (Bob A's stomping grounds).
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

So like my 57 Champion Deluxe (W4) except mine is Glendale Green and Turquoise. This is even nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              Came upon this pretty old girl on interstate 81 south in central PA about noon. Probably doing 55 to 60 when I passed. Anybody know who it is?

55-60 MPH on I-81. Yikes! Whoever it was shoulda been in the emergency lane with flashers on, and a large, fluorescent triangle for farm implements mounted on the rear. 55-60 is a good way to cause an accident on the Interstate. Hope they got to where ever they were going, safely.
              Last edited by JoeHall; 10-24-2013, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                Last night/this morning there was lake effect snow up north of Syracuse (Bob A's stomping grounds).
                Actually, Gary, I was kind of on the edge of that. I did have to brush off about 4 inches of graupel this morning (look that up) :-)

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                55-60 MPH on I-81. Yikes! Whoever it was shoulda been in the emergency lane with flashers on, and a large, fluorescent triangle for farm implements mounted on the rear. 55-60 is a good way to cause an accident on the Interstate. Hope they got to where ever they were going, safely.
                It wasn't any problem. That stretch of 81 was 55 speed limit anyway, which means he was keeping up reasonably. Also wasn't a lot of traffic.
                Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                  Yeah, a VERY Lucky Guy!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                  X