Name:	100_1010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	1740953Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	1740954

Here's a picture of one of my cars now running well and stopping. First two are pre-wash, but having just done the test runs. My son decided that it really needed a wash - so Pic 3 is after the wash. (He really likes this car now!) Yes, I do need some decent tires!

Good work Paul. Nice to know that you are making progress with your "stash" of vehicles, keep up the good/hard work.
    sigpic
    55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

This is great news!..... Congratulations! Is this 6H-K5-2 ?

Comment

Funny how much better they look clean. My 48 really cleaned up nice.
        Congrats on getting the ol' girl running. I hope to not be far behind.

Comment

Besides replacing all of the brake lines and components on this, everything that had gas in it including the tank, lines and carburetor had to be redone. With respect to the gas tank, when I took it to Gas Tank Renu, I was told it was in excellent solid shape. They showed me about 30 much newer GM tanks that needed repair due to leaks. In addition, all of the gas lines and pick up tubes on those had to be replaced.

6HK5#2 is currently black (purchased that way in 1963), but of course was originally lemon-lime. Its in better shape.

Comment

Congratulations on your start up. Wow! I think it's Beautiful as is. Just add hubcaps and some lark shine and It'll be better than Darryl Starbird's superflecked Moonbird! IMHO I just watched American Grafatti again.
            My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
            sigpic
            Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
            in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

Amazing the number of rare Studes out there just waiting for some tinkering. You have a great starting point to having a fine car. It's right now fine but will be finer. keep on keeping on. cheers jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Attaboy, Paul. For that car, I'd part with the spare Cokers I have. I also have your speedo cable. Good work!
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

LOVE THE TRAILER HITCH Maybe a picture of what it originally towed?

Comment

Great news Paul , we are looking forward to seeing it on the road. BTW keep this car away from Caroline,...it's one of her favorites.

Allen
                    1964 GT Hawk
                    PSMCDR 2014
                    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                    PSMCDR 2013
                    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

I don't remember seeing a 55 in that color combination before. Looks really good.
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I have some slightly used car covers that will fit your car. My new one's in the mail.
                        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Congrats, Paul and Kyle! One down, 149 to go!
                          Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                          61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                          Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                          Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Way to go. Amazes me how many of these fine rare cars survive. Can't wait to see this project progress.
                            Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA
                            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

The good news is that the leather upholstery is very good in both cars and I have another original spare interior set with dash. Apparently, the owner of this Speedster bought 2 new Speedsters - a His and Hers - in 1955. Unfortunately, one was in a serious accident, so a bunch of original spare parts came with this one. Thank you for the offer of the Speedster wire hubcaps, but I believe I have a few sets. Unfortunately, one set was bent by a thief who was "bent" on stealing them and didn't know they were bolted on. (D'oh!).

Yes, if available, I will buy your spare tires Dave. Thank you!

The bad news is that the former owner (body shop) screwed on the side butter knife trim (through the trim) instead of using the proper fasteners. (hacker!). In addition, it has had an incomplete conversion to 12 volts.

Its not perfect, but it is a very good start!
                              Last edited by 55s; 10-24-2013, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X