I Need a Speedometer Glass With Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need a Speedometer Glass With Numbers

All the numbers have fallen off the inner glass on my speedometer. Does anyone have one?

1955 President Sedan. I've spent most of the week cutting out rust on my "rust free" car! All kidding aside this project has been the most

fun I've had in at least 50 years. I wish I was smart enough to post pictures, if I can get Michelle stopped long enough I'll have her put up

some pics.

The speedometer glass is etched with the numbers. Put some paint on and scrape off the excess with razor blade.

Comment

On my sons 55 President Stae Sedan the Numbers were decals that rolled up and fell off. couldn't see any etching on them whatsoever
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Originally posted by 55s View Post
        The speedometer glass is etched with the numbers. Put some paint on and scrape off the excess with razor blade.
        The numbers on mine are decals, they fell off In fact they're laying broken in the housing. But thanks a lot for the help I wish they were etched

Comment

spedo numbers

Originally posted by Michelles Pops View Post
          The numbers on mine are decals, they fell off In fact they're laying broken in the housing. But thanks a lot for the help I wish they were etched
          Mine fell off on my champion and I took it to a graphics/decal company and they designed a transfer, placed it on the glass peeled off the backing and left a perfect set of numbers, I did all the gages

Comment

Sorry - Maybe it was just the radio that had the etched numbers. I may have a spare glass, but suggest you look in your neck of the woods first. I'm a few thousand miles away.

Comment

Check with SI (or others). SI lists #536868 Dash Instrument Glass 1955 except Speedster. Did the dash change with the mid-year winshield change?
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by 55s View Post
                Sorry - Maybe it was just the radio that had the etched numbers. I may have a spare glass, but suggest you look in your neck of the woods first. I'm a few thousand miles away.
                A few thousand miles is not far. Let me know how much you want.
                Thanks Barry

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                  Check with SI (or others). SI lists #536868 Dash Instrument Glass 1955 except Speedster. Did the dash change with the mid-year winshield change?
                  I've already paid SI for the glass, they sent the outer I need the inner with the numbers.

Comment

Working...
                  X