WELL!,that was fun while it lasted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WELL!,that was fun while it lasted

So, Sadly on Saturday while heading back to shop to put the car away for the season. Someone pulled out in front of me and jammed their brakes, I just didn't have enough time...and rearend them. Don't know the fate of the car yet, car insurance company will handle that. I walked away (as did the other person). I bashed my knee into the dash and left an awesome dent behind and my elbow and arm broke the steeringwheel and horn ring.

I'd like to repair her, but I'm just not sure.
    Attached Files

Let me be the first to say it....

That will buff out.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Well Jet Thrust might have something to do with it. Ya have to fix it. No doubt about it. Your friend requires your help. You are her caretaker she wants to live!!!!!!
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Looks like a pretty easy fix to me. A 3/4 front clip and maybe a wack or two on the lt frame horn at the most.

Comment

Ryan sorry to see this but at least your ok . The car can be fixed . One good thing is you didn't have the 58 !
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Easiest Studebaker to repair...period.
            Lot's of parts available.
            Half a dozen pieces....
            Would've been a ton worse the other way around!
            Jeff
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Sorry that happened to you. My Hawk got lightly hit about 7 years ago. I seems like a bad dream for about ten minutes. It looks fixable, of course I'm sitting in a chair far away. Anyway trust me the club as a whole feels for you. I'll bet if you post parts needed and ask for help they will be mostly donated and fast.

Comment

I'll leave it to others to say all the clever stuff. I'm just glad you didn't get hurt any more than you stated. I wish you a full recovery in body and spirit. Let us know how the insurance settles up. Take some time to assess the damage and hopefully you'll figure out the best way to proceed.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Hope your bruises heal quickly, the car can be dealt with later.

Comment

Ryan... Ouch, brother! I know how you feel about that car, and it sucks to see that happen to it.. I rear ended someone in my '59 pickup back in '08, and it still stings to think about.

Hopefully you'll be able to repair it.. And this time you can spring for shiny paint!

Comment

Ryan, I, too, am glad you weren't hurt. That is not too difficult to fix, and the parts you need are readily available. It simply isn't as bad as it looks. I know, easy for anyone not in the middle of your reality to say, but it's still true.

Take a deep breath, get some insurance money, and be glad the front bumper didn't take a direct hit. Not only might you have had frame damage (or more damage, should yours need a little tug), but you would have stopped sooner inside the car and probably been hurt worse.

Keep the faith; that's a neat car that needs to remain in the air! All the best. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That will be a straightforward fix!!! You might remember a white '64 Daytona 4 door sedan that was involved in an accident last year in South Bend which looked similar to yours in the photos. Over the past winter, he repaired it to better than it was in the first place. One would never know it was involved in an accident.

Craig

Comment

Ouch !
                          Start with a whole roll of Life-Savers, be thankful for your health, and get back to the car when the Spirit moves you. Glad you are OK. The car looks repairable. Hopefully you have good insurance.

Comment

At least you were almost done with driving it for this year anyway. You can fix it, maybe to even better than before condition... Don't be afraid to argue with the insurance offer!
                            Corley

Comment

My heart sank when I saw this. In a number of ways your car reminds me of mine. I hope the similarities stop there. Glad you were not hurt - much. Like the others I hope the car is repairable. But how will you ever match the "patina?"

Tom
                              '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Working...
                              X