Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This 'DEEPINHOCK's 'fault ;) What kind of car would Stude offer after they merged with 'X' or 'Y'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This 'DEEPINHOCK's 'fault ;) What kind of car would Stude offer after they merged with 'X' or 'Y'?

Go ahead.... I post too much as it is

May I suggest you start such a new thread? The replies might be interesting to say the least.

Originally Posted by DEEPNHOCK
    I look at the 'what if' threads dejour and always think more of the corporate end of things...more than just the product offering.
    I think a more apropos question would be 'What kind of car would Studebaker offer after they merged with 'X', or were bought out by 'Y'....

What if Mercedes and Studebaker did get together again and offered a real 'drivers' car to compete against BMW?
    What if Studebaker merged with Chrysler and actually did offer a legit XUV?
    What if Studebaker merged with Fiat and came out with a 'Smarter Car'?
    What if VW bought Studebaker and came out with a 'Golden Cloud' upscale car?

Studebaker made the technical transition once before (horse to engine)...
    Wonder how they would have made out with the transition to the elecronics, and robotics age?

Interesting thread.
    Jeff
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

I know I would prefer a real drivers car. "smart" cars and luxury cars are nice, but I like to have fun when I drive And crossovers are pointless to me, get a car or a truck, not an 'in between' car who's primary purpose is a mall cruiser. I digress...

Comment

I think they may have continued with the existing Cruiser, Daytona and Wagonaire for a while and added the X or Y car as a low priced companion line. If it worked out, perhaps eventually Packard may have been returned to the market for the upwardly mobile!

Comment

1961lark: "a mall cruiser." I like this name and the concept it so aptly suggests!!!
        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X