Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 Golden Hawk - New Hampshire...

Don't shoot the messenger....

The owner contacted me last week and asked if I could help him sell this car. He wants it gone before the snow hits... He acknowledges that it's in poor shape... I don't know what he's asking, but there are a few pieces of 'unobtanium' on this one...

Please contact him. His email is on the web page...

Click image for larger version

Name:	dublinnh1m.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1740931
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Looks like a very early production '56 GH judging by the paint scheme. I believe this scheme was used on only the first 450 or so cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
      Don't shoot the messenger....

The owner contacted me last week and asked if I could help him sell this car. He wants it gone before the snow hits... He acknowledges that it's in poor shape... I don't know what he's asking, but there are a few pieces of 'unobtanium' on this one...

Please contact him. His email is on the web page...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28691[/ATTACH]

My grandpa was a carpenter. He used the same hammer for all his life. It needed only a new head or handle from time to time. Like this GH.

I lived in NH for two years, and watched the weather/road conditions there turn a '65 Corvair into a total rust heap by 1969.

Scrap iron is about ten cents per pound. Anything over $400 would be top dollar for this poor old car.

Comment

Ran when parked? See the plates say 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
          My grandpa was a carpenter. He used the same hammer for all his life. It needed only a new head or handle from time to time. Like this GH.

I lived in NH for two years, and watched the weather/road conditions there turn a '65 Corvair into a total rust heap by 1969.

Scrap iron is about ten cents per pound. Anything over $400 would be top dollar for this poor old car.
          $400 may be too low jnormanh.......the cars very rough, but as You would know there's many 56J specific parts on that old girl that folks restoring one of these beasts may sorely need.

Comment

What a shame that a chain saw was needed to photograph one of the best looking cars ever produced. Ken, Deltaville, Va

Comment

Bump!

The sellers phone # is now listed....
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                $400 may be too low jnormanh.......the cars very rough, but as You would know there's many 56J specific parts on that old girl that folks restoring one of these beasts may sorely need.
                Well, okay. If you think there are usable/valuable parts there, bid high and often. I'd hate to have $600 in it.

Comment

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
                  Well, okay. If you think there are usable/valuable parts there, bid high and often. I'd hate to have $600 in it.
                  Nope, this baby isn't for Me!

Comment

It's a great life if You don't weaken! (R.M.).....I did just call on this GH and asked He get back to Me if it happens to have THREE pedals.

Comment

Is the chain saw included?
                      sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

Well, I thought I could have used the hood....till I saw the picture!!
                        Jamie McLeod
                        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                        1958 Commander "Christine"
                        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                        1955 Commander Sedan
                        1964 Champ
                        1960 Lark

Comment

Check out the nostrils on the car. They look great!

Comment

I don't think this is just a part-out car. I would like to see it, but there doesn't appear to be rust-out in the usual areas in front and behind the doors. Rocker panels and floor pans are not that hard to replace. A lot of the rust appears to be surface rust. The chrome and stainless steel appear good. If I was anywhere near it, I would take a look.
                            sigpic
                            Jack, in Montana

Comment

Working...
                            X