Hemmings Blog: Nice-looking 1963 Regal 4-DR FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemmings Blog: Nice-looking 1963 Regal 4-DR FS

Just what Bill Pressler needs, and it's already in Ohio for personal inspection :

Bullet-proof 180 HP 259 and Flightomatic in the Spring 1963 color of Seaspray Green, too. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I wonder if this one mentioned here is the same car.... http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-000-mile-Lark

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      Just what Bill Pressler needs, and it's already in Ohio for personal inspection :

Bullet-proof 180 HP 259 and Flightomatic in the Spring 1963 color of Seaspray Green, too. BP

Oh man, Bob, is that car lovely! I know you love Seaspray Green--not!

That's some big money, but on the other hand, looks bone-stock in and out which I appreciate...a lot!

That dealership is run by the son of a fellow who was in our Ohio Region SDC and who had a Champagne Gold with red-interior '63 Daytona Hardtop with factory 4-speed and cloth and vinyl buckets.

Body condition is listed as "good".

In four-doors, I like '63's better than '64's. I wish I had the money; I'd likely jump on this. I've got to believe, too, that either their place can do work or knows of a place that does...something that frustrates me around here.

Just had to rub it in, huh Bob? Sadly, I couldn't spend $899 on that car now! LOL
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Actually, Bill; I don't think Seaspray Green looks all that bad on a sedan, and this car appeals to me as being a nice-looking driver.

On Hawks, though....not. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Actually, Bill; I don't think Seaspray Green looks all that bad on a sedan, and this car appeals to me as being a nice-looking driver.

A friend who lives near where this car is, has a '63 Cruiser in the same exterior color, but with Chestnut cloth and vinyl interior! It's a low-mileage car with only one old-lady schoolteacher owner before the current owner.

I like the rear-door cut of the '63 four-door Larks and Cruisers--I'm reminded of '75 Sevilles and '77 GM B-bodies. It's a stately look I think.
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          (formerly Greenville, PA)
          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
          All are in Australia now

Comment

Add me to the list who thinks the 1963 Stude 4 door sedan is stately in appearance.
            --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Wonder if this car beongs to Bill Brown , he's from Ohio and he has a car like this???
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                Wonder if this car beongs to Bill Brown , he's from Ohio and he has a car like this???
                Are you sure that one is not a Cruiser? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ruiser-Colours

Craig

Comment

well then Bob!
                  Just bring over your 64 "Fleet" one at a time and I'll get 'em all in your new favorite color! Seaspray Green!! I'm sure I can get MACCO to mix me up a 55 gallon drum, JUST for your Fleet! <G>

Jim
                  "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                  their Memorials!

Comment

[QUOTE=8E45E;789290]Are you sure that one is not a Cruiser?

Well I see I said Cruiser back then so most likely its not Bill's car....good eye Craig....keep on top of stuff<g>
                    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=2R5;789301]
                      Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                      Are you sure that one is not a Cruiser?

Well I see I said Cruiser back then so most likely its not Bill's car....good eye Craig....keep on top of stuff<g>
                      I thought I posted a photo I took of it in 2007 in that other thread, but I guess did not!! Anyway, here it is!

Craig

Comment

The ad says custom, but isn't that a regal? If it's a custom, then what happened to the side trim, the chrome around the door windows, and the horn ring?

Either way, it's still a pretty car!
                        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

That's Bill's , he was at our Zone meet in 2002 and that car has the meet lic. plate frame.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X