1955 two door hardtop Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 two door hardtop Commander

I really wanted to fix this car up but I have way too many right now. Located in SW Florida. https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4133174890 Comments and opinions are ok,thanks guys..

The link doesn't seem to work. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/4133174890.html. I'm not so computer savy,hope this one works

Comment

Yep; the second link works fine. The car looks down but not out. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

IMHO you have a $1500 Commander. Certainly not the $4600 you are asking.
          Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Can you BELIEVE those Seats? They are actually Reupholstered in Turquoise Green Vinyl with RED Cloth Inserts!

Not that it matters now of course, since they need to be re-done again anyway, but some people's taste, and in a Red and Black Car.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 10-17-2013, 04:01 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I asked for opinions so I can handle it.

Comment

Good thing it's not in Colorado or the wife and I would be having words!

Suggested price may be a bit warm but rockers, front fender patches, lower trunk edge and trunk seal rail are only about $500 from CE. Including paint material cost about $2,000 for body + and chrome issues.

Interior ... name your price.

Engine normal seals and tune

Very restorable for driver that would keep the Highway Patrol busy cleaning up after gawkers.

Comment

I like it. Good start to bring it to any level you wish. I paid $2000 for one much worse.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I priced it high because I sold a 70 Cuda a few years ago for half of what it should have been because I wasn't current with pricing plus I'm not desperate to get it gone, I don't get much stuff this old with so little rust. Plus craigslist brings out a lot of traders.

Comment

I priced it high because I sold a 70 Cuda a few years ago for half of what it should have been because I wasn't current with pricing. . . . Plus craigslist brings out a lot of traders.
                      It's a can't-win situation; selling a collector car is never easy money. One CASO friend thought he let one go too cheaply; he complained about craigslist low-ballers and wanna-traders, so I told him, "Put the next one on eBay and you'll get exactly the market price." He did, then whined and sniveled about the eBay fees.

jack vines
                      PackardV8

Comment

Price for the buyer is always too high and for the seller too low. If the shell is straight and rust free except for the normal Stude fail points, floor boards and hog troughs are good, the engine turns and my stable wasn't full I'd be offering in the $3,000 range as a buyer and hoping we'd find common ground.

My expectation would be to have it to high driver status for about $8,000 to $9,000 purchase, material and transportation with all my own labor.

I don't think for a starting ask you are unreasonable with the above assumptions unless your feet are set in concrete. My bias is to the '53 to '55 versions of C/K over the Hawks with a lean to the K so I might be willing to offer more than some. It would be a crime for this one to become another "Studi in the weeds" ( see song by the Calahans ).

Comment

This one won't be going in the weeds but it might go to NC and sit in my building out of sight and mind.

Comment

Working...
                          X