Truck Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: Truck Gauges

Does anyone know where I can buy the complete dashboard gauge assembly, complete with the matching back plate for my 55 E5 truck?

I have a 1955 E7 truck and was lucky earlier this year in finding a complete dash plate with speedometer and gages from a 1956 2E7 being offered on ebay. My truck was partially converted to 12 volt when I purchased it so I wanted the gauges from a 56 since they are 12 volt. You never know what you are going to find on ebay. Also, you can post a note on the Studebaker swap page letting folks know what you are looking for. Someone going to a swap meet may have what you are looking for. http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swap.php

Comment

I got a instrument cluster from e-bay too, then found another at the last La Palma meet. They were also used on the Zip Van. Keep your eyes open, they're out there.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

The same basic cluster was used again on the 60-64 C-cab trucks, though the gauges were 12 volts, of course. The speedo is the same, but an electric temp gauge was used after 58. Amp gauge will be 30 amp vice 60. The mounting plate will "fit", but I believe some of the smaller holes may be a different shape because the light switches were different designs, the wiper switch had been moved to the cluster instead of on top of the dash, and the manual choke had been dropped. The 6v gauges will all fit the later cluster mount.

I may have a used 54-55 cluster mount, but don't think I have any decent gauges. I have seen some brand new gauges come up on eaby now and then. Just make sure they're 6v for 54-55.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Well, I found Studebaker International has the back plate the chrome bezel and at least most of the gauges.

Comment

Working...
          X