Headed to Reedsville after all :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed to Reedsville after all :)

I love the Reedsville Meet, but had to miss it last year due to commitments. But this year I'm looking forward to being there! I plan to roll in early Friday. I'm leaving early Thursday morning for VA with my van and trusty tow dolly to pick up another Zip Van. So if you see a Ford Conversion Van with a Zip Van on a tow dolly, chances are it will be me. See you there!
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

See you there Bob !
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

See you there. Hope the weather in PA improves by then.
      sigpic
      55 President Deluxe
      64 Commander
      66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Looking forward to meeting you too, Bob. I plan on being there as well to pick up some engine gaskets and odds and ends.

Allen
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          ... to pick up another Zip Van.
          After all this tantalizing, you are seriously approaching this model to be used on your rural route? It's a plan neglected for too long. WAY TOO COOL!
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Yup. You must have missed, I bought one a couple months ago. But it's a little worse than represented, so I was looking for another one that would allow me to combine two into one good one. Hopefully this one will get me close to everything I need.

This will not be a "restoration" like one would give a collector car. It's more of a function/cosmetic refurbish. Fresh paint, yes, show quality, no. My goal is to have it ready for when the snow goes off the roads. Depends on how much I have to track down. One big obstacle is a windshield. But I digress. See you in Reedsville!
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob, I'm pretty certain SI has Zip Van windshields. Seriously.
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
                Bob, I'm pretty certain SI has Zip Van windshields. Seriously.
                Oh, I know they do. But, they cannot ship them, and it's 1300 miles round-trip for me. Ideally I'd love to go to SB and pick one up and see what else they have for Zip Vans since they don't have a list. Im always glad to support SI. I'm just not sure when that would be possible.

So, I'm still looking to clear that hurdle.
                Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob , why don't you have them deliver a windshield to York?
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I may do that if they will. But I'm sure they're hesitant to pack a large, flat, fragile piece along with everything else they bring. If it comes to that, I will ask them to. But I have between now and then to maybe come up with a good alternative.
                    Last edited by Bob Andrews; 10-12-2013, 06:34 AM.
                    Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I know it's just a lil' typo... But some typo's are just so delicious!

<snip>But I have between now and then to maybe come up with a food alternative.
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Lol! Fixed.
                        Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I may do that if they will. But I'm sure they're hesitant to pack a large, flat, fragile piece along with everything else they bring. If it comes to that, I will ask them to. But I have between now and then to maybe come up with a good alternative.
                          When I last saw them, they were packaged well with 2X4's around them. I expect it can withstand a trip to PA in one piece.

Craig

Comment

In May of last year I brought one to California with out any problems Chris had it boxed up real well, he is the guy to talk to about what Zip van parts they might still have.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                              Chris had it boxed up real well, he is the guy to talk to about what Zip van parts they might still have.
                              I did ask that here before, but Chris said he didn't know and to just call with my needs. That's fair enough, I can understand that. But if they had the zip van stuff cataloged, I could look at it and decide what to buy new and what to pursue used.

So I guess for now I will have to wing it, and see what happens.
                              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X