hardtop only window cranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardtop only window cranks

Are these window cranks specific to 52 hardtop only? Other 1952's seem to all have plastic knobs, The hardtop uses all chrome. I am not sure about the convertibles. Was this style with the all chrome knob used any other years?
    I am one short and wondering how hard it will be to find one.

Dan
    52 hardtop

Yes, convertibles used them from '47-52, on at LEAST the Commanders, not sure about the Champions. I was wondering the same thing, looking at my '52 HT. It is an entirely different handle as well, even the door handle. It does make sense, because the hardtop is nothing more than a convertible with a steel top bolted on.

I've got a few 'decent' ones on my '52, but would really need to be rechromed. (Not like I'm ever going to do anything with that car.[V]) Email me, and I'll send you some pics of the best one I have.

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

Those are both Hardtops and Ragtops 52 for sure, not 100% sure on 47-51. I'm not sure if I have any left over from my 52 ragtop or not. I can look when I get back home.

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

The factory apparently really did treat hardtops like hardtop convertibles. Many have vinyl seats trimmed like the convertibles and the dashes were painted to match the exterior color and not the gray/brown of the other closed bodies.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
        since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Hmmm... I wonder if some of the '52 Starliners WERE convertibles, and then sent back through the factory to have the hardtop installed! [)]

As a side note; the first few (maybe 100 or so?) '56 Golden Hawks came off the assembly line as Sky Hawks, and were sent back through to have the 352 shoe-horned in, as well as the other stuff to make them 'Golden'. I know of a couple cars that when the restorers took off the rear fins, the stainless strip across the top of the rear quater was still there. What a waste of trim! From what I've been told, this was in South Bend and Los Angeles.

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Michidan

Are these window cranks specific to 52 hardtop only? Other 1952's seem to all have plastic knobs, The hardtop uses all chrome. I am not sure about the convertibles. Was this style with the all chrome knob used any other years?
            I am one short and wondering how hard it will be to find one.
            It looks identical to what I have in my '50 Land Cruiser, including the chrome escutcheons behind the handles.

Paul

Paul

1950 Land Cruiser project

I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
            1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

quote:It looks identical to what I have in my '50 Land Cruiser, including the chrome escutcheons behind the handles.
              Now that I think about it, the '48 Land Cruiser at the shop has them as well. [:I]

Matthew Burnette
              '59 Scotsman
              '63 Daytona
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
              X