• Richard Poe makes Bang Shift !

Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Atta Boy, Richard!
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

A combination of enthusiasm, dedication, and talent, demonstrated magnificently in a few seconds. Well done Richard !

Comment

He He, that was fun to watch. Nice piece on a great guy.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Great article, and a great guy too

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Nah.... it can't be true..... its gotta be an automatic, right??? Its not humanly possible to shift that fast, right??? No, really??? It really is a 4 speed??? WOW, that's awesome. Way to go Richard. That's some good press.
            sals54

Comment

Very impressive! In an age when automatics are becoming dominant it is great to see, and hear, someone bang a 4 speed like that. Great press for Richard and Studebaker!
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Keep it up Richard your doing a good job letting the world know what a good R-1 can do, I remember the first PSMCR I went to I had a chance to ride one race with you and that was a few years ago but it is one of the things I will always remember doing along with my runs on the salt flats, keep going strong and you might catch Ted but by then he will be about 90.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Cool for sure!

BTW, BangShift has a pretty good Facebook page. Definitely a good addition to any car guy's news feed.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Bang shift is an appropriate name... NICE!
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

yee haw, that looks like fun. good job Richard! great promotion for Studebakers, and this sort of exposure hopefully will attract new followers to the SDC. cheers, Junior
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Wow! After watching this, I had to pull up my "Hotrod Hootenany" album and listen to "The Fastest Shift Alive" . Congrats Richard!
                        sigpic
                        Lanny & Barb Bertram
                        '63 Lark Custom R2 4spd
                        Indy Chapter SDC since 2000
                        Weaverville, NC

Comment

'Way to go, Richard; cool beans.

I may have commented before, but one day at The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race maybe five years ago, I was hanging on the fence with Ted Harbit watching one of Richard's runs in this R1 Lark.

Ted said, upon listening to Richard, "I swear, he shifts that thing faster than an automatic. I could never shift that fast." BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

Ted said, upon listening to Richard, "I swear, he shifts that thing faster than an automatic. I could never shift that fast." BP
                            Holy cow - that would be like Mozart saying, "I could never write music like that". Maybe Richard should should have that tattooed on his shifter arm...

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                              Holy cow - that would be like Mozart saying, "I could never write music like that".
                              That would be my opinion, Pat. I can't imagine receiving a greater compliment if I was Richard Poe. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X