Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Studebaker was open today, what would you order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Studebaker was open today, what would you order?

Lets have some fun. Suppose that Studebaker was open for business in South Bend and was receiving orders. What would you order? Studebaker has the ability to build anything they produced over the years. So what will you have?

I'll start. My order would be a 1960 Hawk with a 259 V-8 with a 4-speed manual transmission on the floor. It would have a custom two tone paint of Autumn Mist and Saddlewood Beige with a two-tone brown interior.

Your turn....... :-)

LOL. I'd order just about what I have now. I can option my 55 with pretty much anything Studebaker and it's all out there, either through SDC vendors or eBay. Just picked up a 6V Stewart Warner tach for my 58 year old Commander. Why suppose? The Studebaker 'community" is still in business.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

This is sorta funny in that just yesterday I was thinking about starting a similar thread. But in my proposition, you'd be asked to choose a year you'd like to time travel to so you could purchase the Stude of your dreams. You'd be transported at the age you are now and everyone else you knew would be the ages they ought to be - if that makes any sense.
      What inspired this fanciful idea was an oldies station I listen to out here - Kings Radio 103.3. They were playing a song from 1951 and I found myself wondering how much more satisfying it would have been if I were listening to it thru the radio in my new '51 Land Cruiser (or Commander convert!).
      So , yeah - I wanna sit with the dealer and the salesmans guide and detail just how I want my new burgandy-colored Land Cruiser to be optioned.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Indyted View Post
        Lets have some fun. Suppose that Studebaker was open for business in South Bend and was receiving orders. What would you order? Studebaker has the ability to build anything they produced over the years. So what will you have?

I'll start. My order would be a 1960 Hawk with a 259 V-8 with a 4-speed manual transmission on the floor. It would have a custom two tone paint of Autumn Mist and Saddlewood Beige with a two-tone brown interior.

Your turn....... :-)
        Your "order" does not fit your own criterion of "anything they produced over the years."
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Only one?

Originally posted by Indyted View Post
          Lets have some fun. Suppose that Studebaker was open for business in South Bend and was receiving orders.
          What would you order? Studebaker has the ability to build anything they produced over the years. So what will you have?
          I can combine stuff from multiple years, right?
          This will be a tough one. I'll have to post again later...
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I would select three:
            1) A 1953 Commander Starliner
            2) A 1964 R3 AT Hawk,
            3) A Sceptre.
            Numbers 2 & 3 do not strictly fit the initial criterion.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I would take an R5 powered '64 GT Hawk, but with a few more creature comforts than were offered in 1964. This would include power windows, power trunk release, power antenna. And then some which were unotanium on ANY car in 1964: Paddle shift operated transmission, satellite radio, keyless entry, etc.

Think of how Jay Leno updated a first generation Olds Toronado to the most current GM specs when he had it done.

Craig
              Last edited by 8E45E; 10-03-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Id order a 53 lowey post coupe with an R-1 avanti engine, suspension and brakes and the four speed with the tallest mileage diff available.
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I'd have to flip a coin because I can't decide which if they would build me "anything", so a 37 Coupe Express with an R-2, OR, a 53 Coupe with the same engine. Unfortunately, I'd need an automatic these days, but gear either of those dolls in the 3:5 to 1 range.

Comment

Three each of crate, long block 289s & 352s.

Comment

A new Avanti!
                      Ed Sallia
                      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Probably a '60 Hawk with '57 Silver Hawk fins, powered by a 289, 3 speed w/OD, painted in candy tangerine with the fins and roof in pearl white. Avanti wheel covers.
                          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

One of each! (I've never claimed to be normal).
                            Last edited by Lou Van Anne; 10-03-2013, 12:53 PM.
                            Lou Van Anne
                            62 Champ
                            64 R2 GT Hawk
                            79 Avanti II

Comment

Although I really love my '59 Lark Regal, I would order a '51 Commander Starlight Coupe in maroon with V-8, standard shift with overdrive, radio, heater, and white sidewalls. It's always been a favorite of mine, but never had the opportunity to own one.

Rog
                              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                              Smithtown,NY
                              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                              X