Sunday eye candy 9/29/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday eye candy 9/29/13

A beautiful survivor. I am told original,not restored.
    Attached Files

All I can say is "Wow." In fact I said to 2 or 3 times while looking at the photos.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I said the same thing: "WOW!!!"
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

1931 President model 90 (136" w.b.) brougham. Mostly original. Belongs to Herb Read of Valparaiso, IN. Herb was the SDC Intl meet chair at 1968 and 1969 in South Bend. The car was driven to the meet in '69 (maybe '70), from New England. Herb did not buy it for a few decades after that. Photo below of Herb and the car taken at the Intl meet in South bend in 2012.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5971 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1683974
        Last edited by Studebaker Wheel; 09-29-2013, 03:46 PM.
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Studebaker's styling and class was as good as anybody's back then. Nothing could have been better than that.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
            1931 President model 90 (136" w.b.) brougham. Mostly original. Belongs to Herb Read of Valparaiso, IN. Herb was the SDC Intl meet chair at 1968 and 1969 in South Bend. The car was driven to the meet in '69 (maybe '70), from New England. Herb did not buy it for a few decades after that. Photo below of Herb and the car taken at the Intl meet in South bend in 2012.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28155[/ATTACH]
            Herb also owns the 41 President Cruseing Sedan that was pictured with Harry Barns Studebaker in 1969 in South Bend.

Comment

My jaw just hit the floor in amazement.
              We're all speechless... just, wow.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
                Herb also owns the 41 President Cruseing Sedan that was pictured with Harry Barns Studebaker in 1969 in South Bend.
                Jim; Actually the car you mention, a photo of which was taken with Harry and Herb in c1969, is a '42 President Land Cruiser rather than a '41 President Cruising sedan. A photo (below) I took of it in 1968. He still has it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	42 pres herb read.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1683988
                Richard Quinn

Comment

Mr Read gave us a ride around the proving ground track at the meet last year. He said only the canvas top had been replaced and maybe some paint work on the fenders. otherwise it was extremely original. Richard Quinn was also kind enough to give up his seat so that us three Australians could go along.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
                    Mr Read gave us a ride around the proving ground track at the meet last year. He said only the canvas top had been replaced and maybe some paint work on the fenders. otherwise it was extremely original. Richard Quinn was also kind enough to give up his seat so that us three Australians could go along.

Chris.
                    Glad to do it Chris. I have already ridden many miles in '31 Presidents and also many Proving Ground miles. Only wish I could have gotten a photo of you guys circling the track.
                    Richard Quinn

Comment

Working...
                    X