linkage spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: linkage spring

I was wondering if anyone had a pic of where the linkage spring hooked to. I have a spring that comes off of the linkage an is straight inline with the oil filler tube but there is nothing to hook the spring to. the car is a 56 flighthawk any help would be great

Carb. return Springs and Clips

If your Power Hawk is equipped with the Stromberg WW rear facing top 2 Barrel Carb. the Forward return Spring goes to the Left Rear Bolt of the Water Outlet, the 536596 "L" Clip must be missing on your Car to connect it.

The forward Spring is 1550646 and there should be another return spring from the Throttle Rod at the Bellcrank area to the left Valve Cover Bolt and another 536596 Clip, this rear spring is 1559671 all available at Studebaker Vendors at:
    http://studebakervendors.com

OPPS! it is a Flight Hawk 6, what was I reading into your statement?
    It must have been the reference to the OIL Filler Tube, as I pictured the common to me V8 one, being nearly in line with the Carb. throttle lever.

Just ignore this, I have no idea what a Six has.
    Maybe this will help the much larger crowd with Stude. V8's.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 09-23-2013, 03:38 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If this car has a manual transmission, I believe forward end of the spring hooks into a small hole in the bell crank fixture.
      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I'm actually glad the error was made (thinking it was a V8) because I DO have a V8 ('56 289 in my '53 Commander) and I did not have the second spring (the one that goes to the valve cover). I DO NOW!! Thanks everyone.
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Good Howard, glad that helped someone as we could not give the poster too much help.

I knew the chances were much greater that a V8 owner would need the info, so I decided not to delete it.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X