1950 Champion Hubcaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion Hubcaps

Hi All - I just purchased a 1950 Champion at the Mecum Dallas auction 2 weeks ago. Great car! It was in a collection of 150 cars that were auctioned off during that Mecum auction. Fantastic paint and original interior and 59K miles on her. My question is - It has plain chrome hubcaps. I have been on Stude Intl and they sell a hubcap with Studebaker embossed around the edge of the hubcaps. Which hubcap would be correct for a 50 Champion? I like the ones with Studebaker on them but I'd prefer to have the correct ones. Thanks for your input Jim O
    1963 Avanti R2
    1951 Champion Convertible
    1953 Commander
    1957 Golden Hawk

SI also has a set that say Studebaker Champion around the perimeter in white lettering. These are correct for your car. I have a '50 Commander with the words Studebaker Commander around the perimeter but they haven't offer those yet. Fortunately the ones that are on my car are in good shape.
    Congratulations on the auction win. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your Champion.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Are you asking about full wheel covers or the small hub caps in the center of the wheel? The full wheel covers were smooth in 1950. Of course, if you are not worried about being 100% stock there are other Studebaker wheel covers and hub caps that will also fit.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

The dog dish hubcaps for the 50 champion used both the version with the letters "Champion" around the outside edge and the plain ones without lettering .. The plain ones which have the same style but without the lettering were also used in 51 and 52 on all cars with dog dish to the best of my knowledge. The commander in 50 was another story, they used one version that was plain, one that said "Studebaker" around the outside edge and a third that said "commander" around the outside edge. The application was based on where it was made and serial numbers. You would have to consult the Chassis Parts book to confirm which is correct.
        Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Originally posted by n29we View Post
          Hi All - I just purchased a 1950 Champion at the Mecum Dallas auction 2 weeks ago. Great car! It was in a collection of 150 cars that were auctioned off during that Mecum auction. Fantastic paint and original interior and 59K miles on her. My question is - It has plain chrome hubcaps. I have been on Stude Intl and they sell a hubcap with Studebaker embossed around the edge of the hubcaps. Which hubcap would be correct for a 50 Champion? I like the ones with Studebaker on them but I'd prefer to have the correct ones. Thanks for your input Jim O
          Congratulations! What bodystyle did you get? Any photos you'd like to share/show off?
          sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
          Regal Deluxe Trim
          Automatic transmission
          46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

For the 1950 Model Year the Champion could have a small ( dogdish ) cap that

was either finished as just a plain chrome cap or the other small cap which has

" Studebaker Champion " written around its outer edge . Then if you go to a

full size cap , rim to rim , the option was a smooth all chrome cap with no

writing . The full size cap with a centre crest was optional for 1951 and 1952

and is seen retrofitted to a number of 1950 Champions . Your choice for

fitment , but the ones you bought the car with are correct . The small cap

with "Studebaker Champion " and the big cap with the crest are both now

available as NORS from any number of Studebaker Parts Vendors .

CRUISER

Comment

Working...
            X