No announcement yet.

Packard Motor Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You certainly would be the only kid on the block to have one!

It's really different. I think if it were in better shape, it could be quite the conversation piece.

Also, I wouldn't want to be standing anywhere near the front passenger side tire; the sidewall looks like it could blow any second!
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Interesting vehicle, I wonder what you'd "really" find once the panels are stripped from the wood frame?

No doubt a lovely thing, but perhaps in the vicinity of 1-200,000 dollars to restore properly.
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Man, that is one creepy looking rig! Would look right at home outside a haunted house.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

SDC member in Texas had something similar to this only built on a late 20's/early 30's Studebaker President chassis.

Comment

An interesting vehicle indeed. Could be a very worthwhile project in the "right hands." However, looks as if it has been a very long time since it has been in the "right hands."

It is also interesting to look at the seller's other items. He has four listings showing three different locations. The starting bid on this, along with an attempt to imply "Rare" constitutes "Value," is a red flag that indicates little respect for the intellect of prospective customers. To me, the starting bid and sales pitch is screaming..."Need a fool with money!"

Twenty five grand will buy a pretty darned good pre-owned V10 powered motor home, (such as a Winnebago Sightseer), these days and leave enough money to probably get it insured and on the road with good tires and a full tank of fuel.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Seems to me that the rear axle is overloaded.

Terry

Comment

Looks like a hearse....
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Its 2 feet taller than a hearse, though I admit the resemblence.
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Packard Motor home

OK not totally Studebaker but related second cousin once removed:

Dan White
                    64 R1 GT
                    64 R2 GT
                    58 C Cab
                    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

That is awesome!
                      Jeff

Originally posted by Dan White View Post
                      OK not totally Studebaker but related second cousin once removed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-...#ht_500wt_1182
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

If ever there was a vehicle that looked like it was wearing a top hat... .
                        '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Neat!
                          I'm wondering what that Cadillac finned sports car in the background is.

Comment

Speaking (or more likely: writing) about Cadillac, there was a -53 motor-home for sale in Sweden this summer, some "factory"-made thing.
                            Didn't really need it thou...

Comment

Wouldn't that be a cool ride to an IM? However, at the $25,000 starting price, it may sit there another seventy-eight years. My estimate for a restoration, at least another $100,000.

jack vines
                              PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                              X