SDC Web Site re-designed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDC Web Site re-designed.

The SDC web site has a new face, while retaining all the functionality and valuable links that have been built over the years.
    Looks like Mark is going to have five "Studebakers of the Month" scroll across the banner. Happy to see my '53 is one of them this month, along with Tom Elliott's '51.

Nice work, Mark!
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Very nice indeed!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      Happy to see my '53 is one of them this month, along with Tom Elliott's '51.
      Hey, that's Kerry Whitson's '51!

I'll take credit on taking that picture, though.

The new website looks good.

Comment

That's a cool design! maybe they can have upcoming projects one month too...

Comment

I just went there to help Joe Hall find his Emergency (Parking) Brake Warning Light accessory Template Listing info and the first time I clicked the New Link "Home Page" on the Medium Blue Bar at the top of these pages I got the Old Home Page and minutes later I was really surprised to find the New one! I wonder if it JUST happened while I was there?

It looks real good, but will certainly take some re-learning as there is no longer a list of options, it is now in dropdowns from a lot less link Bars so requires some searching.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The new site looks really nice. I did find some things that may need addressing.
            When I logged in to my member page I could not find how to see what vehicles I have registered. I tried clicking on the "Update" button but the page just reloaded. When I logged out it took me to a page telling me I had logged out but there was no apparent way to get back to the home page. The navigation buttons at the top of the screen did not reappear.
            Bugs? Or do I just need time to re-learn how to get around on the site?
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

The new design scroll looks nice. Is that Don Jones's 63 Avanti?
              sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                Hey, that's Kerry Whitson's '51! I'll take credit on taking that picture, though. The new website looks good.
                Yes. it's mine, all mine!!!

but i'm just the "caretaker" of what will be known as "Tom's car" for years to come...
                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

So how do we get our Studes on the Stude of the month scroll?
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                    So how do we get our Studes on the Stude of the month scroll?
                    About six months ago Mark solicited photos. I suspect all you have to do is send him good pictures and it will be up to his discretion what and if they make the cut. We certainly don't want him to run out of pictures.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                      ... will be known as "Tom's car" for years to come...
                      Sorry for my slight, Kerry but you're right. It will take some time to separate our memory of Tom from that coupe. No more fitting home could have been found.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Those cars are luscious. Congratulations to the owners. cheers jimmijim
                        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

What a surprise to discover the new site when logging on this morning. I'm really impressed. It'll be lots of fun checking out all the features. Great job Mark.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Much improved! More attractive, easier to navigate, logical layout, great graphics and pictures. Much more inviting than the old site.
                            Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

The site looks very nice and the navigation is also easier. And I am very delighted that my car is also on the scrolling banner. (will need to install the grille spears of course

It's a great idea to include members' cars and to switch them month by month, adding a lot more of those pretty Studebakers to it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X