Guthrie, OK Car Show Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guthrie, OK Car Show Pics

Beautiful day for a car show, over 150 cars in attendance.

Here are the Studes, and some Stude Lovers:

My other favorites, including some nice orphans, and others not often seen:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

That red and white '56 Golden Hawk looks real nice!

Comment

Is this meet for modified cars or is that the only type of Studebaker that turned out (the five passenger coupe [Starlight] looks close to stock)?
      The Hawk has an interesting combination of items. It looks mostly like a 1956 Golden Hawk except for the hood and side trim (and wheels/tires, of course).
      Nice passengers in your Starlight. Are they all grandkids of yours or did you just round up some youngsters <G>?
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I noticed the changes that You mention on the '56 Golden Hawk Gary.....The lower side trim between the wheel opening mouldings is also missing on this Hawk....but all-in-all, it looks pretty nice I think!

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          Is this meet for modified cars or is that the only type of Studebaker that turned out (the five passenger coupe [Starlight] looks close to stock)?
          The Hawk has an interesting combination of items. It looks mostly like a 1956 Golden Hawk except for the hood and side trim (and wheels/tires, of course).
          Nice passengers in your Starlight. Are they all grandkids of yours or did you just round up some youngsters <G>?
          It was and open car show, Gary... had several classes for stocks and modifieds. The cars I took pics of (other than the Studes) were the ones that tripped my trigger. If you followed the photobucket link, there were a few stock vehicles there.

The youngsters pictured were, for the most part, either those that asked their parents to lift them up so they could look into the car, or showed particular interest in the car.
          Last edited by Studedude; 09-21-2013, 02:24 PM.
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Sure don't like the looks of that hood support rod on the '64 GT! With all those little kids running around,....if one of them ran into it!!!!!! Some people JUST DON'T THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Dave...and for giving those kids a thrill. Looks like a beautiful day in Oklahoma!

I like the red Cobra next to the GT.
              Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                Thanks for the pics, Dave...and for giving those kids a thrill. Looks like a beautiful day in Oklahoma!
                My pleasure! Shucks, truth be known, I probably enjoyed the kids as much or more than the enjoyed the car!

It's a shame how the "Do not touch" crowd deprive themselves such pleasure.

I like the red Cobra next to the GT.
                My, what good eyes you have!!
                Last edited by Studedude; 09-21-2013, 04:00 PM.
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

Nice pics, Dave! Who had the car hauler?
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                    Nice pics, Dave! Who had the car hauler?
                    A fellow from Guthrie. He owns some kind of wrecker service, shop, or some such. He usually has the trailer loaded with classic cars at the shows.

He also owns a color matching OLD bus, which has been converted into a motor home. I'll see if I can find a picture of the bus from one of our local shows a few years ago. It's neat, too.
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

Not using the factory hood support rod for the '64 GT Hawk hood really bothers Me....In the picture, the factory support rod can be clearly seen.....Why wouldn't the car's owner use it????????

Comment

Thanks for posting, some really sharp cars there. That coe Jimmy and trailer is double cool... cheers, Junior.
                        sigpic
                        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Great pics on photobucket lived in OK for awhile miss all the shows

Comment

Originally posted by rustywire48 View Post
                            ...lived in OK for awhile miss all the shows
                            Well, c'mon back... it's still a great place to live!
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

I lived in Bartlesville for three years and could not find one thing wrong with OK If I told my wife I wanted to move back she would have us packed before I could finish this post

Comment

Working...
                              X