This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Wagonaire in TV commercial

I spent the afternoon with a video crew while they shot footage for a clothing company commercial. It will appear on national ESPN and the Outdoor Channel between mid-October and Christmas. My '65 Wagonaire was the focus of a football tailgate party. Lots of big, strappy 20-somethings and cute girls [much younger than my daughters] to match, all models or actors. It's amazing that it takes 4-5 hours and 30-40 people to get less than 1 minute of video tape completed. Keep your eyes open for ESPN TV commercials in a few weeks, but I'm not permitted to say who it is just now. Of course, it could all wind up on the cutting room floor, but I had fun! It doesn't pay much but it does get me out of my office now and then. My job was to drive the Wagonaire into its position, shut off the key, and wait 5 hours. The catered food was fabulous, and it was fun to talk with people whose focus and interests were all about the clothes and the process of making a commercial!

Incidentally, I got the gig by registering my cars with the state film office for movies, fashion photo shoots, and related activities. I've had a couple of fun days this way. Try it!

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/gary_ash_m5_sm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com
    Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
    ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Gary, Is this the same company that generated the nifty catalog some time ago?

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Gary, Is this the same company that generated the nifty catalog some time ago?

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That is bitchen! Can't wait to see the spot!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
        '63 Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

That is bitchen! Can't wait to see the spot!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
          '63 Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice looking wagon. Is that the '65? Very photogenic! I wish mine looked that good...

Lotsa Larks!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Nice looking wagon. Is that the '65? Very photogenic! I wish mine looked that good...

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Lookin' forward to it David!

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Lookin' forward to it David!

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Nice Wagonaire, I wonder how Gary's other Wagonaire is going, needed a bit of restoration, quite some rust I seem to recall.

John Clements
                    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                    Lockleys South Australia
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Nice Wagonaire, I wonder how Gary's other Wagonaire is going, needed a bit of restoration, quite some rust I seem to recall.

John Clements
                      Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                      Lockleys South Australia
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Gary,

Funny that you should post this. The CFO of our company told me yesterday that he heard on a local radio station that they were looking for old cars and tractors for a movie shoot and immediately thought of me. I think that I will give them a call and see what they need.

You are right about the time required. When I was in college the local Triumph dealer shot a commercial right outside my dorm window. As I recall, it took them most of 2 days to get it done.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Gary,

Funny that you should post this. The CFO of our company told me yesterday that he heard on a local radio station that they were looking for old cars and tractors for a movie shoot and immediately thought of me. I think that I will give them a call and see what they need.

You are right about the time required. When I was in college the local Triumph dealer shot a commercial right outside my dorm window. As I recall, it took them most of 2 days to get it done.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Working...
                          X