PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Zone Meet

jg61hawk
09-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Got home today from the Atlantic Zone Meet in NJ. I think a great time was had by all! We had guests from Mecca (South Bend...Museum) and many cars. The hotel staff seemed to love us. I just want to thank the Klines, Widmans, and the Jones famlies (and others I do not know of).

I met people from Canada, W. Virginia, NJ, NY, Del., MD, PA, Ind., and others. Some old friends some new friends. I can't say enough about attending these meets. It's all fun, brain in neutral, and idling in the best of times. I really believe Studebaker folk are just "different by design". I hope the rest of mankind is good and honest and loyal...but I really believe if I dropped my wallet at this meet and had 100 dollars in it, I would get back my wallet with a day's interest from who ever found it.

Thanks again to all the Atlantic Zone folk who WORKED to put this together!

09-15-2013, 09:25 PM
My wife said she enjoyed the banquet Saturday evening more than any she had been to before (and we have been in the SDC for 44 years). Now that's an endorsement.

GTCruiser
09-16-2013, 09:31 AM
Attempted to personally thank as many people who planned and ran the meet as possible. For those that may have been missed, thank you too! A very good time.

Captain Billy
09-16-2013, 04:00 PM
We arrived home at around 3:00 pm today after our 1200 mile trip. No problems with the cars or most of the gps instructions. Thanks to all those who organized the event and the great weather....now we know how to get close to Delaware so getting to the IM next year should be a breeze.

beatnik64
09-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Had a great time, well worth the trip just to hang out and enjoy the great weather and studebakers. I don't have pics but this meet had TWO! 58 Hardtops one prez and one commander. Thats just too cool, these are models you don't see at every meet and seeing two in one day is awesome.

09-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Had a great time, well worth the trip just to hang out and enjoy the great weather and studebakers. I don't have pics but this meet had TWO! 58 Hardtops one prez and one commander. Thats just too cool, these are models you don't see at every meet and seeing two in one day is awesome.
I think the Garden State and South Jersey people will be posting some pictures when they get rested up. It was mentioned at the banquet that pictures were taken from the hotel roof.

StudeDave57
09-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Since there is no photographic proof--
I don't believe this show actually happened...
:ohmy: ;) :woot:

StudeDave '57 :cool:

rusty65
09-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Nice cars and nice people! No "attitudes".This is what makes us different from those 'other' car clubs.Well worth the trip.Jersey people- thank you for a great Zone meet!!

09-16-2013, 09:50 PM

OK, here's one.

candbstudebakers
09-17-2013, 03:38 AM
My wife said she enjoyed the banquet Saturday evening more than any she had been to before (and we have been in the SDC for 44 years). Now that's an endorsement.

I always though that our national meet banquet at the Tippecanoe was rather good Paul hope to do it again...Bob

09-17-2013, 09:35 AM
I always though that our national meet banquet at the Tippecanoe was rather good Paul hope to do it again...Bob
True, but that was a little more private.

candbstudebakers
09-18-2013, 01:14 AM
Your right but one of the best couple of hours spent at a International in a long time , we need to do it again.

Jet Green Daytona
09-19-2013, 08:43 PM

Here are the pictures that I took, now you can believe that the show actually happened. http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=c4082d8d4bdac93c&sid=0QcuW7Rm5aMWl4

Todd

09-20-2013, 07:43 AM
Here are the pictures that I took, now you can believe that the show actually happened. http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=c4082d8d4bdac93c&sid=0QcuW7Rm5aMWl4

Todd
Very nice coverage. Thanks.

qsanford
09-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Great President! Count me as a fan of the trunk lid mounted "Spare"!
OK, here's one.

WCP
09-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Great pictures Todd. We all had a good time at the meet. Also the drive to and from the meet along the Delaware Water Gap on 611 was fun. I love those twisty hilly roads - great scenery. That's what the "Drivers Club" is all about. Bill Patterson

Jet Green Daytona
09-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Great pictures Todd. We all had a good time at the meet. Also the drive to and from the meet along the Delaware Water Gap on 611 was fun. I love those twisty hilly roads - great scenery. That's what the "Drivers Club" is all about. Bill Patterson

Thanks Bill. Its great you made a long distant trip here to NJ. There is a lot of great scenery to see in Pa, and NJ along the Delaware river, and not to mention roads that are great for driving an older car.

Todd

2R5
09-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Nice pictures ...I see a red '66 Daytona in those shots , anyone know who the owner is ?

SN-60
09-21-2013, 11:51 AM

Todd

From experience I can tell You that sometimes it takes Dave a while!!!!!!!!!

BobWaitz
09-21-2013, 10:18 PM
I am so sorry I missed that one. I grew up 1.2 miles from there as the crow flies (2.2 miles if he drives a '47 M5). I won't be out that way again before Christmas. I coulda WALKED there!!!

JoeHall
09-22-2013, 06:19 AM

Todd
Beautiful pix, and I bet a great time was had by all!

Looks like 56Js were well represented, with three there. I recognize the blue & white one form the IM in Lancaster a few years ago; the red one I have seen several times (the long time owner installed a Tremac 5-speed long ago, IIRC). The silver one looks like it may be the one 56J (I am aware of) that has EFI. I have only seen pix of it before, but recall the car was silver. Unless hallucinating, in this pic's fuzzy engine area I can just make out the chrome, GM breather extension that connects the TBI to the 56J's OEM air cleaner. Yes? No?

Thanks

mnmfive
09-22-2013, 07:22 AM
Thanks qsanford!

mnmfive
09-22-2013, 07:24 AM
Great President! Count me as a fan of the trunk lid mounted "Spare"!
Thank you qsanford.