I have a new wallpaper on my computer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IDYSDBig1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	1740544
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Nice Jon, another TW cover shot maybe?????
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Mighty cool! (Pity with the white van thou.)

Comment

John, Please share your technique with me. Every time I try to wallpaper my PC, I end up ruining the keyboard and making an unholy mess of things! I like that image of yours. Just where is it pasted?
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Beautiful shot!! Beautiful truck

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
            John, Please share your technique with me. Every time I try to wallpaper my PC, I end up ruining the keyboard and making an unholy mess of things! I like that image of yours. Just where is it pasted?
            Click on:

Start Button

Control Panel

Under Appearance and Personalization click on "Change the Desktop Background".

It takes you to the "My Pictures" File Folder where you can choose a Pic.
            If what you want is not there, you can always drag it from wherever you Filed it to there.

Your experience may vary if you are not on Windows 7, but the "Background" should be somewhere in the Control Panel.

If you want John's Picture you would have to right click on it and choose "Save as" and "Paste" to your "My Pictures File" to get it to the Background as above.

I hope I did not just tell you a lot of what you already knew Bob. Sorry if I did.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I usually just right click on the picture and choose "select as desktop background". Maybe it depends on your OS or server.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                I got it. Wallpaper paste is messy. I slide my keyboard under the desk so as not to get that slimey stuff all over it.

It is a great picture but I didn't take it. You'll have to read my IDYSD story in Turning Wheels to find out more about it. I hope Ann publishes it. And, yes, it would look nice on the cover wouldn't it? One of these days...... I'm not giving up.
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Jon, very nice. I like the original subject matter in the background. You don't see that everyday.
                  Your truck looks pretty outstanding in it's field. He he.
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Well I guess roscomacaw got me with his Beak! I should know better having met Bob and his Parrot, that I should have on my sense of humor Hat instead of my too serious Hat I usually have on... GOT ME!
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                      Jon, very nice. I like the original subject matter in the background. You don't see that everyday.
                      I like the van in the picture too. It was what you see when these balloons come down. Those chase vehicles are right on it and get the area cleared out fast. I'm glad I didn't have my camera. I like the fisheye lens effects. I especially like the curvature of the horizon line. It really is a great picture. I can say that since I didn't take it.
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                      X