X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stu Chapman

Robert Kapteyn

Neat stuff.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
      Thanks for the plug Robert. I believe some of the Hamilton Chapter members will be attending tomorrow, even thought they hear me all the time.

Stu Chapman

Comment

sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I called Stu to offer my apologies for being unable to attend. I always enjoy his trips down "memory lane".
          sigpic
          55 President Deluxe
          64 Commander
          66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Wish I could attend too, but I'm in Michigan this weekend. Missing the Hamilton Chapter BBQ held at the same time each year too.

Allen
            1964 GT Hawk
            PSMCDR 2014
            Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
            PSMCDR 2013
            Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Congrats Stu!!! I guess this makes you a rock star. It's always good to be recognized for work you've done, and it's well deserved.
              To bad I'm too far away (New York).
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Thanks to all for your support. Last night went really well with approximately 100 Hamilton history buffs attending to learn about Studebaker history. SDC Hamilton Chapter member Steve Tournay set up a fine display of Studebaker Hamilton memorabilia for the attendees to enjoy. Many of my books, "My Father The Car: Memoirs of my life with Studebaker", were purchased. It was amazing to have a number of those attending who brought pictures of their memories of Studebaker for us to see, many of which were shots of their parents who worked at Studebaker Hamilton.

As a matter of interest, last Saturday evening I had the privilege of speaking about Studebaker to the members of the Lincoln and Continental Owners Association who held their international zone meet in Hamilton. Even Lincoln owners like Studebakers! Steve Tournay presented a Studebaker display there too. Their awards dinner was held at the Royal Hamilton Yacht Club where everyone could view the impressive lawn where we photographed the 1966 Daytona Sports Sedan for the literature and post cards for that model year.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Stu, Being an "International meet" did they have vendors from the USA? Were there problems with customs? I sure would like to see a truly "international" Studebaker meet, but can't afford to go to Australia to attend. I wish you could have pulled that one off in Hamilton a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                    Stu, Being an "International meet" did they have vendors from the USA? Were there problems with customs? I sure would like to see a truly "international" Studebaker meet, but can't afford to go to Australia to attend. I wish you could have pulled that one off in Hamilton a few years back.
                    Sorry, no vendors. There were about 20 or so Lincolns and Continentals from as far away as Virginia as I recollect. I think there might have been an owner from Texas but had come by air. I really am not familiar with customs regulations for vendors entering Canada but I'm sure there are Forum members who are.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                    X