Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the Studebaker Museum closed from 9-11 till 9-14?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the Studebaker Museum closed from 9-11 till 9-14?

I just arrived in South Bend to visit the Studebaker Museum. My wife and I are checked into a hotel and I went to the Museum website to get the hours they are open tomorrow. To my HORROR it states that they are cloded for the next 3 days for a "Special Event !" We just drove over 1000 miles from Colorado and can't belive they are closed! Does anyone know what is going on there??

Rick

No clue. My best guess is that somebody rented it for the three days and is probably having some kind of seminar. I heard the same news from the SNM a while back but again, all they said was "closed for a special event."
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Well, they do apologize for your inconvenience. Maybe you can visit the archives?
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk5619 View Post
        I just arrived in South Bend to visit the Studebaker Museum. My wife and I are checked into a hotel and I went to the Museum website to get the hours they are open tomorrow. To my HORROR it states that they are cloded for the next 3 days for a "Special Event !" We just drove over 1000 miles from Colorado and can't belive they are closed! Does anyone know what is going on there??

Rick
        Sorry Rick for your disappointment. Occasionally the Museum has to close to prepare for special events and September 11 through 14 is one of these occasions. The web site has had this information posted and it is really all they can do. It is unfortunate that you checked the web site when you arrived rather than before you left. You might try calling the Museum directly and see if they can do anything for you. Perhaps Andy Beckman can treat you to a visit to the Archives. The phone number is 574-235-9714 or 1-888-391-5600.

Stu Chapman

Comment

i did almost the same trip from falcon co. to see the museum it had been raining cats and dogs for most of the trip. as i pulled up to the museum they were puting a sign on the door that they had no power and were closed so i went to auburn and saw the auburn cord dusenburg museum and came back to the stude museum the next day a fun trip
          mervyn mundorf
          63 avanti r2 4speed
          83 avanti 20th ann
          64 gt hawk r1 4speed
          and others

Comment

In 2006 I stopped in Memphis for the night on my way to a family reunion in Louisiana. My wife has the same birthday as Elvis so we decided we should tour Graceland. It was wonderful. The following week this story appeared in the paper:
            President Bush welcomed Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi have been welcomed to Graceland by Priscilla Presley and Lisa Marie Presley. | Elvis Presley

Yes, the Japanese Prime Minister (an Elvis fanatic) was touring Graceland with George Bush. You have to know that the place was locked down tighter than anything for a few hours before and after they were actually there -- maybe even for a day on either side. All I could think about was how terribly disappointed I would have been had I shown up and found I couldn't get in!

Comment

Not only is the Auburn Museum nearby, but so is the Gilmore Museum. Maybe these two museums, which are both fantastice by-the-way, can make up for having missed out on the Studebaker Museum.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Joe: Good advice! East of South Bend is Shipshewana and the Hostetler's Hudson Museum, also.

If your life motto is the need for speed, we’re the place for you. You’ll find pretty much anything about automobiles, such as new systems, machines, and spare parts.
                Last edited by Bob Bryant; 09-11-2013, 02:50 PM. Reason: add link
                "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Comment

We went to the Museum today and talked with Becky Bonham. Becky was very nice and she asked Monte to give us a private tour. Monte was great and very informative and really enjoyed giving us the tour. All is good here !! Tomorrow we are going to the Hudson and Auburn Museum while we are in the area.
                    Rick

Comment

Glad it worked out.
                      The Auburn Museum is awesome you won't be sorry.
                      Behind it is NATMUS the National Auto and Truck Museum, which is equally awesome, you won't be disappointed. See if the GM Futureliner is there.
                      This beast is very impressive

On the other side of town there is a military vehicle and hot rod museum i cannot think of the name right now, but ask or else it will be in the AAA Indiana tour book; also the chamber of commerce will know

Enjoy !!!!When you leave the ACD museum you be forever changed....
                      1947 M5 under restoration
                      a bunch of non-Stude stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk5619 View Post
                        We went to the Museum today and talked with Becky Bonham. Becky was very nice and she asked Monte to give us a private tour. Monte was great and very informative and really enjoyed giving us the tour. All is good here !! Tomorrow we are going to the Hudson and Auburn Museum while we are in the area.
                        Rick
                        Rick, I'm happy this worked out for you. The Museum really does its best to accommodate everyone even under difficult situations. Continue to enjoy your trip.
                        Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                        X