Gas tank help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas tank help

Anybody have a good or repairable gas tank for a '59-'61 Lark??? The two that I have at the repair shop now are 'repairable' but I don't know how practical it would be to fix either of them. I know anything can be repaired, but, these tanks are BAD. Repair one spot and they just start oozing somewhere else. Coating the inside has been tried and isn't working any more. I'd rather not spend a fortune on two tanks that are sketchy at best. I've checked SI's website and contacted other vendors suggested on the forum. No luck YET. Any suggestions???Anyone???

Have you tried 41Frank here on the forum? He HAD a pile of '59 to '61 Tanks.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This sounds like the type of thing that Bob Peterson would have. he has parted out tons of Lark types.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

For the record. We are fresh out of 59-61 fuel tanks, sold the last two 6 months ago.
        Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        Have you tried 41Frank here on the forum? He HAD a pile of '59 to '61 Tanks.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Call SI they had some that didn't have the holes cut out but had all the flats to fit most Studes.

Comment

I think I have one in the shop...Bob
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
              I think I have one in the shop...Bob
              PM sent Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X